Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Statehood Quarter Newp - show me yours

yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was a snap purchase because of the grade.

At $60, a bit higher than BV and what I wanted to pay.... but I made a big score on a recent sub of moderns.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

Comments

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ken
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm from Colorado and got one for my Denver Mint registry set (the MS67). Then I later got the MS69 (which is a Satin Finish) as an upgrade to my set.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 2:08PM

Mine is in the mail and cost me more than 1K :o

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

SILVER-R-R-R

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 4:37PM

All beautiful State Quarters everybody! I only have four from the wild nice enough to be put in 2x2's for possible submission. 2000-D Massachusetts and New Hampshire, plus a 2003-D Maine. Just found a 2002-P Tennesee. Surprising, as I dont find many Philadelphia minted coins in good condition here in the wild. I was told it can take a couple of years for them to make it out to the west coast.

• Options
    SnapsSnaps Posts: 187 ✭✭✭✭

Most of the State quarters I have slabbed are silver proofs. When silver was cheap, so were the silver State quarters. One night while perusing eBay I came across a State quarter that was slabbed as a satin finish MS69 from NGC. The original listing for the coin came and went without anyone buying it. It was listed for less than $5 + shipping. Who buys satin finish State quarters? The next morning I was again looking through eBay listings. I guess this seller was upset he couldn't sell it the night before. It popped up again for BIN $0.99 +free shipping. I bought it.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 6:09AM

Patiently waiting on imaging for this one and another to post from a recent sub.

This was a snap purchase for my SC collection.

Probably overpaid at $99.99 raw, then I saw a few others cheaper. Oh well...

Knew it was a nice coin but being my first off center purchase but did not expect MS67.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice ones!

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

Silver proofs. The Connecticut is my favorite statehood quarter design, the New Mexico because it's my home state.

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder .... Looking at your proof sets slabbed as a group, they are all PF69. My question is, since they are graded as a group, did one coin drop them from PF70? Or were all coins actually PF69? Seems strange to me...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @CoinHoarder .... Looking at your proof sets slabbed as a group, they are all PF69. My question is, since they are graded as a group, did one coin drop them from PF70? Or were all coins actually PF69? Seems strange to me...Cheers, RickO

Not sure RickO,

Bought em already slabbed from DLRC back in January 2011.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file