Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post Your 4 (in album) 7070 Commemoratives

USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, you guys with slabs can't play. It's my sandbox. :);)

Here are my non-dramatic four. I found the proof Statue of Liberty in a circulated roll. The proof luster is pretty much gone. No major damage other then that. It's just junk clad but I thought it looked cool because it looks like a business strike.

Comments

• Options

@Meltdown said:
    I dont have a shot of just the 4...

Sure you do. I'll help you.

That's a great looking page you have there!!

• Options

OnWithTheHunt - Beautiful!

• Options

@YoloBagels said:
    All are ex-Bill Fivaz except for the Stone Mountain half. Payed a few dollars over melt for them.

There's something to be said about nicely circulated straight graded commemoratives.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like half dollar coins and I like the commemoratives... I did collect the commemoratives from states I have lived in - ten - a couple did not have a commemorative half, but had a token (i.e. FL). Nice silver coins....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    YoloBagelsYoloBagels Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

@USSID17 said:

@YoloBagels said:
    All are ex-Bill Fivaz except for the Stone Mountain half. Payed a few dollars over melt for them.

There's something to be said about nicely circulated straight graded commemoratives.

I used to have UNC common ones in there (Columbus, B.T. Washington, W. Carver) but at some point I figured I preferred the circulated ones. The pilgrim is definitely my favorite.

• Options

@YoloBagels said:

@USSID17 said:

@YoloBagels said:

I used to have UNC common ones in there (Columbus, B.T. Washington, W. Carver) but at some point I figured I preferred the circulated ones. The pilgrim is definitely my favorite.

I often wondered what an entire 7070 Type Set of straight graded PO-1's would like like. Someone here must have one.

What am I saying.................they probably have three sets of them!! :D

• Options

@ricko said:
    I like half dollar coins and I like the commemoratives... I did collect the commemoratives from states I have lived in - ten - a couple did not have a commemorative half, but had a token (i.e. FL). Nice silver coins....Cheers, RickO

Great Idea, ricko. I have lived in 9 different states and several countries in Europe. I may start a new collection for that. I have not though

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

@jesbroken... I lived/worked in Portugal (2+ years), Barbados (3+ years) and Puerto Rico (2+ years).... Kept coins from those countries, but other than that, collecting was at a minimum during those years. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:

@jesbroken... I lived/worked in Portugal (2+ years), Barbados (3+ years) and Puerto Rico (2+ years).... Kept coins from those countries, but other than that, collecting was at a minimum during those years. Cheers, RickO

I spent 3 years in Germany, 6 months in England, 5 months in Holland and shorter times in Spain and France.
    Kept a bag of Germany pfennigs, marks and a couple of 10 gulden/guilders 1970 and a few various coins I received in change but never collected any nor purchased any before, during or after. Lived in 9 states in the U.S. I also live in the house I was born in in 1948 in my favorite state of West Virginia.
    Jim>

• Options

@jesbroken....I am back in NYS, Catskill Mountains, where I grew up.... Funny how it goes in a circle like that... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are mine, I'd like to thank this thread for finally getting me to crack out the Bay Bridge and put it in the album.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2021 9:20PM

seanq said:
    Here are mine, I'd like to thank this thread for finally getting me to crack out the Bay Bridge and put it in the album.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2021 7:47PM

I have my "keepers" in PCGS holders and placed my "replicas" in my 7070 Album.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

@oih82w8 said:
    I have my "keepers" in PCGS holders and placed my "replias" in my 7070 Album.

That's what I'm talkin' bout!

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    I have my "keepers" in PCGS holders and placed my "replias" in my 7070 Album.

I hope by "replicas" you mean counterfeits. The Hawaii is a common counterfeit. The Oregon and the Grant star appear to be counterfeits as well.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barberian

Replica. I was aware of what I was getting when I purchased them, so I was not deceived.

Both replica and fake try to imitate the original but are inferior quality products

In case of replica, you are told that the item is a replica and you are getting a product as close as possible to the original with another logo. On the other hand, in the case of a fake, you are totally deceived as you are sold a product posing as original despite being of very inferior quality.

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-replica-and-vs-fake/

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    @Barberian

Replica. I was aware of what I was getting when I purchased them, so I was not deceived.

Both replica and fake try to imitate the original but are inferior quality products

In case of replica, you are told that the item is a replica and you are getting a product as close as possible to the original with another logo. On the other hand, in the case of a fake, you are totally deceived as you are sold a product posing as original despite being of very inferior quality.

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-replica-and-vs-fake/

That's good to read!

3 rim nicks away from Good

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file