Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Look how my Bank punished me!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 28, 2021 10:54AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys
If you know me, 99% of my Bank roll purchases have been from a bank that's not mine. Don't have an account with. Just attainable through my credit card with them. The Chase branches. They've been very profitable in my CRHUNTING. This morning, I decided to go back to my Bank, TCF. Well, I chose today to get 40 Quarter Rolls from them. When they came out with the rolls, I placed them in MY bank canvas bag. Just out of curiosity, I asked if they had any more canvas bags to giveaway? Well, look what they gave me! See how they punish me. Lol
Never ever seen and/or could of imagined.

This is so COOL!

This FIND equals 5 W's or 5 Silver Quarters. :D

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a nice bank bag @JoeyCoins

• Options
    Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

NIce!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a pretty neat pouch. Never seen one that locks.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! I've seen one that color before. B)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

Just remembered,
    About 1 year ago.
    Same bank location, different teller. Not as cool, but still a fine gesture from these guys!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a cloth bank bag from the Olympia State Bank, 195 Olympia Plaza, Chicago Heights, Illinois (at the corner of Joe Orr Road and Dixie Highway) that dates from about 1959. I suspect this isn't too far from where you live. The bank has changed ownership and names several times since then but I believe it is still a bank. Have you ever tried getting any coins from there? That used to be one of my top roll and bag sites in 1962-63 since my family had their bank account there. One of my best finds was a 1932-D quarter from one of the few quarter rolls I looked through back then. I usually stuck to cents and nickels.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

@291fifth said:
    I have a cloth bank bag from the Olympia State Bank, 195 Olympia Plaza, Chicago Heights, Illinois (at the corner of Joe Orr Road and Dixie Highway) that dates from about 1959. I suspect this isn't too far from where you live.

Lol. That's funny you mentioned Chicago Heights? No, I don't live near the area, 35 Miles away, near Midway Airport, however, I do work in that vicinity! Chicago Heights. Ford Stamping Plant. The Olympia Plaza State Bank? Are you sure that's where you said it's at? I believe I seen a bank, in Chicago Heights, on the corner of Lincoln Highway (Rt. 30) and Western Ave.? Wow, a bank bag over 60 yrs. old. Very cool! B)

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great.

My bank gave me a zipper one.

The locking ones are for businesses for their daily deposits, into the night drop, for example.

Great score.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@291fifth said:
    I have a cloth bank bag from the Olympia State Bank, 195 Olympia Plaza, Chicago Heights, Illinois (at the corner of Joe Orr Road and Dixie Highway) that dates from about 1959. I suspect this isn't too far from where you live.

Lol. That's funny you mentioned Chicago Heights? No, I don't live near the area, 35 Miles away, near Midway Airport, however, I do work in that vicinity! Chicago Heights. Ford Stamping Plant. The Olympia Plaza State Bank? Are you sure that's where you said it's at? I believe I seen a bank, in Chicago Heights, on the corner of Lincoln Highway (Rt. 30) and Western Ave.? Wow, a bank bag over 60 yrs. old. Very cool! B)

Lincoln Highway and Western Ave. is southwest of the bank I mentioned by a few miles. In 1959 there was no branch banking in Illinois. Every bank location was independent. For large transactions they had arrangements with the very large banks, sometimes in other states. I believed they used to refer to them as correspondent banks.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    YoloBagelsYoloBagels Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

That is awesome! The lock and key are very cool additions. Back in September my LCS gave me an old canvas bank bag for free, not sure how old it is but I believe it was used to hold silver dollars.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way cool, I haven't seen one of them in a while

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

Banks are pretty stingy with their locking deposit bags. Nice swag!

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno. That color may clash with your dashboard/console if you start using it to carry your coin rolls in it 😉

Mr_Spud

• Options
    RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭

Probably be a bit safer for their customers if they'd nix the word "BANK" on the side of it. At any rate, very cool score for you @joeykoins!

Reminds me of a lifetime ago when I worked retail while attending college and had to carry the night deposits to the bank ;)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an old, canvas, drawstring bank bag from my childhood.... well over seventy years old... still has coins in it. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file