Options

Rofles Express and Super express fun!

2»

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2021 9:19AM

@nam812 said:
    So which are still at PSA and which got N1'ed?

By default, I’m guessing the ‘63 Strikeout Leaders and ‘71 Reynolds Bros. got the N1s. Love the Aaron giant!

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that your second N1 on the 1971 Reynolds' rookie card?

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

Those are beautiful cards... congrats!

• Options

Just wondering…when people pay high prices for raw cards from Greg Morris, is there a tacit expectation that they are being vetted for trimming, recoloring, etc? I can’t imagine with the volume he does that he could reasonably be expected to do that, but if he doesn’t, it does seem like the high prices make it an appealing way for bad actors to move lower profile altered cards.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:

@nam812 said:

By default, I’m guessing the ‘63 Strikeout Leaders and ‘71 Reynolds Bros. got the N1s. Love the Aaron giant!

Then where is the 1955 Jim Gilliam?

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    good luck rofles! this is no different than coughing up $10k for a nosebleed super bowl ticket vs watching it for free on tv. i love your subs. its refreshing to see others pony up. theres subbing thats economical and then theres subbing for the fast return & thrill of it. with the emphasis on “the thrill of it”. one mans pleasure. high risk, high reward. hoping the juice is worth the squeeze as it only takes 1, so enjoy your super bowl. i hope its a great game!

yes, us poor people have to wait for the $8 dollar submissions, :(:D

• Options

@nam812 said:

@PaulMaul said:

@nam812 said:

Whoops, forgot about that one.

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:

@nam812 said:

@PaulMaul said:

@nam812 said:

Whoops, forgot about that one.

Gah, totally did! It cam back a 7. Bummed, but In the end the grade I deserved. Hubris strikes again! Lemme find the pic lol

Here’s the Reynolds and the strikeout leaders that N1’d:

• Options

@PaulMaul said:
    Just wondering…when people pay high prices for raw cards from Greg Morris, is there a tacit expectation that they are being vetted for trimming, recoloring, etc? I can’t imagine with the volume he does that he could reasonably be expected to do that, but if he doesn’t, it does seem like the high prices make it an appealing way for bad actors to move lower profile altered cards.

I believe so. Every card gets graded. One thing that needs to be checked is min size. Especially for vending sourced cards.

• Options

4 cards in QA2 today;
    1971 113 Jerry Crider
    689 Frank Baker

And these 2:

Hoping for the best!!

• Options

Make sure you wipe the surfaces, especially on the Murray RC. You don't want to submit it with that dust on the card which makes it look like PD.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    Make sure you wipe the surfaces, especially on the Murray RC. You don't want to submit it with that dust on the card which makes it look like PD.

a bit late

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Think they are going to get you on the top right corner or the Brett

• Options

Here are the results:
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    1971 Topps 689 Frank Baker
    Card
    NEAR MINT 7
    1971 Topps 113 Jerry Crider
    Card
    NEAR MINT 7
    1976 Topps 19 George Brett
    Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8
    1978 Topps 36 Eddie Murray

Wish Brett would’ve landed an 8, but that’s ok. Solid card for a 7. Very Happy with the two 8’s! Especially the Murray! Too bad the backs are so horribly off center 🤪🤷‍♂️