Home Sports Talk
Options

Minnesota or Buffalo ?

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any other sports town professionally any more futile than these two when it comes to championships ?

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know but I like that kid Buffalo has at quarterback right now. I think a Superbowl win is right around the corner for him. Big strong kid, great arm, he's got it all. I'm going to follow the Bills next season.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Down here in North Carolina, we have won some college basketball championships, but outside of that....

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

San Diego. But not to the extent of the above mentioned cities.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are teams that have never been to a Super Bowl. The Bills went 4 times in a row. If you ask fans that have never been would you take a super Bowl appearance or never get there I can see most say yes at least once.
    Same goes for baseball, hockey , basketball etc.
    To root for a winning team in it all year is an experience in itself. Disappointing to lose but far from futile.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

The twins won a couple World Series.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2021 8:52PM

@LandrysFedora said:

Steve "Trouble in Paradise" Garvey (remember Cindy?) did his best to put the town on the sports map. It doesn't matter. Who cares about championships down there? They have the BEST WEATHER of any place on planet Earth. That's the main thing!

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Minneapolis got some chips with the Lakers way back, too.

• Options
    ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2021 4:00AM

Uhh, Cleveland? 😳 Yeah, Lebron 2016 and all, but still. Basketball is a distant third in this town. We want a Super Bowl or World Series.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShaunBC5 said:
    Minneapolis got some chips with the Lakers way back, too.

!987 and 1991 Twins WS champions.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ringer said:
    Uhh, Cleveland? 😳 Yeah, Lebron 2016 and all, but still. Basketball is a distant third in this town. We want a Super Bowl or World Series.

Would you be happy if Cleveland won 12-15 games a year for the next 5 years but never won a Super Bowl?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@LandrysFedora said:

Steve "Trouble in Paradise" Garvey (remember Cindy?) did his best to put the town on the sports map. It doesn't matter. Who cares about championships down there? They have the BEST WEATHER of any place on planet Earth. That's the main thing!

Yeah so I've heard about that wonderful weather there. One day I'll get over there to see myself!

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

The weather here is fine, but we could use a championship for sure.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@ringer said:

Would you be happy if Cleveland won 12-15 games a year for the next 5 years but never won a Super Bowl?

No way, it would only add to the angst that comes from so many close calls and heartbreaks.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Minnesota definitely needs one - been too long since Twins in '91 and too many heartbreaks for the Vikings.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

The odd thing is that Minnesota and Buffalo are known as cold weather places.

The Buffalo Sabres are the only non expansion franchise (pre 1975) to never win a Stanley Cup. You can throw in Minnesota too if you count the North Stars and Wild.

Both of them belong on the Super Bowl list too.

Sabres won the 1st pick in the draft the other night. Three kids from Michigan might go first.