Home Metal Detecting
Options

Today's hunt

Not much except .54 cents, a merc which is a 36d and 2 rings (junk). Was with another individual who after I left found 2 silver dollars stacked on each other a 1921 and 1923

Comments

• Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Merc.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's always nice to see that silver pop out of the ground.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... He found two silver dollars? Peace dollars I would think... and a 1921? That is special, have him check if it is a high relief... if not damaged, it is worth a bit. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Wow... He found two silver dollars? Peace dollars I would think... and a 1921? That is special, have him check if it is a high relief... if not damaged, it is worth a bit. Cheers, RickO

Yeah a 21 Morgan and 23peace they were stacked and a little off-center of each other. Here's a picture both s mint

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh... the '21 is a Morgan... Would have been better if it were a Peace....Let them soak in acetone and rinse with alcohol and hot, running water... do not rub with anything. Then show us again. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Short hunt yesterday close to that area and another silver coin for me 45s war nickel and 28s wheatie.

Im sure theres more still there, may have found the area near the original home stead for the park (was a cattle ranch area until the owner passed and gifted the land to the city) in the teens or twenties

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

a merc is a good thing. your on the right track :)

• Options

@johnny9434 said:
    a merc is a good thing. your on the right track :)

Yeah I've found one another guy found 3 or 4 and a Rosie then numerous wheats. I can't wait until i order and get my new detector going to get the equinox 600 and hit that park even harder.

Gene

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way cool. It's in the blood now

• Options

@johnny9434 said:
    Way cool. It's in the blood now

It's been there just not sure where lol

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds, what depth were you hitting the older coins? Would be good to go back after a rain. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    kansasmankansasman Posts: 37 ✭✭

Very nice!

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Nice finds, what depth were you hitting the older coins? Would be good to go back after a rain. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

Roy,

The coins are ranging anywhere between 2 and 8 inches deep been going back when I can and digging all signals