Home Sports Talk
Options

Pete Rose thinks Stanton and Judge are soft

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete Rose breaking heads and taking names.

Pete Rose takes shot at Yankees stars Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton
© Provided by Fansided

MLB legend Pete Rose thinks Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge are soft. Does he have a point?

Stanton and Judge are frequently on the injured list for the Yankees, adding to their long list of struggles the past few seasons at getting over that World Series hump. Rose — otherwise known as Charlie Hustle — wasn't about missing baseball games.

Of course, Rose's career ended in shambles, with the then-Reds manager getting banned from baseball for illegally betting on the sport. He's since all but dropped his Hall of Fame debate, instead swerving into the skid and accepting his status as a gambling icon.

Rose isn't afraid to make his opinion known.

Pete Rose took a shot at Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge
"Judge and Stanton, the only problem with those two guys," Rose said. "They're really good players, but they're always hurt. Players today won't play if they've got a strained calf. When I played, you never wanted to miss games. I went to Philadelphia in 1979 for a five-year contract and I was 39 years old. My first four years in Philadelphia, I did not miss a game. You're talking about a guy 40, 41 and 42."

Rose then went on to attack their contracts, stating that he's not surprised the likes of Stanton and others don't mind taking a game off when they've got eight years left on their deals, all with guaranteed money. He also stated George Steinbrenner is a big reason for the Yankees current predicament, but not for the reasons you think.

"They still spend a lot of money," he said. "George was a very vocal owner. There should be more owners like him. If you have more owners like George Steinbrenner, you're not going to have players that are going to loaf. You're not going to have players that are late."

Now that's a classic oversimplification, but the Yankees haven't exactly been the same championship contender since Steinbrenner's death in 2010. The Yankees Rose grew up with are a relic of the past, and he knows it.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with The all time hit king

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2021 10:07AM

I saw him play in a double-header against the Dodgers back in 1969 or 70? He went 7 for 8 I think. I have never seen anyone before or since with better bat control. Just fouling them off waiting for the right one. But......I also saw him on T.V. at a press conference concerning the gambling. He was asked a direct question and his eyes looked down as he answered it. I told The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant at the time that he's lying. He was. Later on The Lovely One told me that I got that one right. So.....that makes me 1 for 8,543,783 in our direct marital match ups......I'll never make the Bigs.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete is spot on with his comments in my opinion. Now for the love of God, could the powers that be please let this man in the baseball hall of fame where he rightfully belongs. He just turned 80 3 days ago. MLB do the right thing and get him in while he is still with us.

• Options

Charlie Hustle can play on my team any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. And twice on Sunday I say!

• Options

They don’t make ball players like Charlie Hustle anymore and that is a fact.

• Options
    edited April 17, 2021 11:28AM

This just in, Giancarlo Stanton cut himself shaving, he is expected to be out for a month!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    This just in, Giancarlo Stanton cut himself shaving, he is expected to be out for a month!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Pete about players being soft.

The problem is the owners throw truckloads of guaranteed money at these players, and most of them never play up to their full potential because of it.

I believe the big guaranteed money takes the incentive out of working hard to be the best you can be. The players do work somewhat, but only hard enough in order to fulfill their contracts.

I think that deep down inside, too many of them don't really care if their team wins or loses, and they couldn't care less about the fans in their team's city.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the players soft or does management sit them at the slightest hint of injury?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2021 2:36PM

Saw Pete destroy Braves pitching behind the plate for years when pops had the car dealership pool tix and the Braves sucked. Valid comments, different times.

Added: Every time I was there for a Reds game I told him to chase 3000, got a wink one time.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete is absolutely correct. both players are soft and made of glass

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

I also think that 90% of pitchers in today's game are also soft. 7 innings or 100 pitches. whichever comes first.

• Options

Isn’t Judge like 40 now?

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Are the players soft or does management sit them at the slightest hint of injury?

I believe it's a combination. Management treats the players like porcelain dolls and the players are more than willing participants to just rest and still get paid. Most of todays players unfortunately have this mindset. The days of rosters packed with gamers willing to get down and dirty and do the heavy lifting in the name of team victory are gone. Pete Rose was the epitome of a gamer. I miss those players and those days.

• Options

Case in point;
    The last two years, in the playoffs, against the Yankees, Twins Manager Rockhead Balldummy, removed Jose Berrios from game where he was pitching extremely well, with a lead, because he had pitched the required 5 innings or so. Of course the Twins lost both of those games.

Not exactly what the OP was about, but I'll bet most of the players would vote to play many times when they are told to sit.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:

@JoeBanzai said:

I believe it's a combination. Management treats the players like porcelain dolls and the players are more than willing participants to just rest and still get paid. Most of todays players unfortunately have this mindset. The days of rosters packed with gamers willing to get down and dirty and do the heavy lifting in the name of team victory are gone. Pete Rose was the epitome of a gamer. I miss those players and those days.

This pretty much sums it up. Of course there were exceptions then and there are exceptions now. Plenty of pitchers are pulled before their liking, etc. Players miss games in the NBA all the time now for "load management" or phantom injuries. A lot of the time this is the call of management. As stated over, those days are gone. I do miss them. I miss those rosters packed with gamers willing to do anything for a win. I miss superstars who will literally fight a coach when taken out.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll take the players side for a change. The conditioning, diet, work out and pressure to be fine tuned causes a ton of problems. These guys are 1 play away from being replaced.
    We missed the days of players eating hotdogs and a beer and catching a smoke between innings.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18, 2021 3:28PM

It's not the players, it's management. The money invested in players has fundamentally changed how they are managed throughout the season as an investment more than an individual. I doubt any pitcher worth his salt is looking to the dugout after 7 innings or 100 pitches and looking to come out. I also think, to the contrary of Pete's claim, that players today are physically superior to the players from Rose's era. Money has changed how the game is played for better or worse, usually worse.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also think that 90% of pitchers in today's game are also soft. 7 innings or 100 pitches. whichever comes first.

I don't blame the pitchers/players for this, it's more the way that strategy and the overall game has changed. pitchers today are expected to throw as hard as possible for as long as possible, not much emphasis on pitching to contact and letting fielders back up that approach.

it's sort of the opposite of what goes on with hitting: the hitters swing for the fences and the pitchers pitch for the strike-out.

MLB was much more enjoyable before 1980.

• Options
    ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2021 5:26AM

He may be right, but in typical Pete fashion he exaggerates his own accomplishments. His first year in Philadelphia he was 38 years old, not 39. And he missed over 50 games in his third year. He is on a level of narcissism said most people could never hope to attain

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

I don't blame the pitchers/players for this, it's more the way that strategy and the overall game has changed. pitchers today are expected to throw as hard as possible for as long as possible, not much emphasis on pitching to contact and letting fielders back up that approach.

it's sort of the opposite of what goes on with hitting: the hitters swing for the fences and the pitchers pitch for the strike-out.

MLB was much more enjoyable before 1980.

How much did Billy Ball at Oakland change the Club's thinking regarding pitching? In 1980, 5 man starting rotation, all had at least 30 starts and 210 innings pitched (Langford had 290) and 93 complete games pitched.

1981 the strike year the startes stats were similar for a short season.

It was 1982 where the starting pitching completely collapsed. The main reason used was the overuse the prior 2 seasons.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2021 8:59AM

I'm a Cards fan and always have been but I think Pete not being in the Hall is a travesty and will forever be a black mark on the HOF's history and validity. There are despicable human beings cough COBB cough in the Hall and many other players who bet on baseball cough RUTH cough currently enshrined but they get a wink and a pass followed by the obligatory "different times different rules" moral relativism arguments. Spare me, please. Is Pete his own biggest fan? Yes. Is he an egotistical jerk? Yep. Has been for a long time. Bitter? You bet, and imo rightfully so to an extent. But the Hall at the end of the day is about what you did for the game on the field. And he's the all time hit king. If he's not in, the Hall is a joke.

PS. He's also spot on about today's players.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    It's not the players, it's management. The money invested in players has fundamentally changed how they are managed throughout the season as an investment more than an individual. I doubt any pitcher worth his salt is looking to the dugout after 7 innings or 100 pitches and looking to come out. I also think, to the contrary of Pete's claim, that players today are physically superior to the players from Rose's era. Money has changed how the game is played for better or worse, usually worse.

I tend to agree with you. With all of the big contracts in the game today, management has to protect their investment. That means pitch counts, taking time off for smaller issues, etc. I also believe that players today are physically superior. They can train year-round, afford to hire the best dieticians/chefs, have their own trainers, etc. But I also think these things wash away the "grit" that ballplayers had in Pete's day. I'd like to listen to pitcher/manager discussions on the mound and see how they go. Maybe 100 from the 1960s/1970s and then another 100 from today. I'd be interested to hear if the fight by a pitcher to stay in the game has changed.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

can someone explain to me what the tangible, measurable, negative affect is that Pete Rose's gambling had on MLB?? from MyLoftyPerch the whole "scandal" was nothing more than a pissing contest between Pete Rose and the Commissioner's Office.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 9:19AM

@keets said:
    can someone explain to me what the s gambling had on MLB?? from MyLoftyPerch the whole "scandal" was nothing more than a pissing contest between Pete Rose and the Commissioner's Office.

Short answer is; no effect on baseball whatsoever.

He simply broke a rule that is (correctly) keeping him out of the HOF.

Here's my question; has keeping him out of the HOF had a tangible, measurable, negative affect on Pete Rose?

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    can someone explain to me what the tangible, measurable, negative affect is that Pete Rose's gambling had on MLB?? from MyLoftyPerch the whole "scandal" was nothing more than a pissing contest between Pete Rose and the Commissioner's Office.

Precisely. What it amounted to was that Pete PO'd the commissioner who hated his guts and then when he died his successor pretty much was hamstrung because siding with Rose would then be looked upon as disrespect for Giamatti

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

@keets said:

this is correct.

• Options

I see no tangible affect in Roses gambling. there are really two scenarios.
    1. he gambled on every game. if this is the case, and it very well might be for a gambling addict, it would be counterproductive for Rose to destroy a bullpen to win one game, or change the rotation around.
    2. He gambled sporadically. if this is the case, it is pure speculation that he changed around the rotation or gassed bullpens. he could just as well have waited to gamble on games he truly thought he would win.

i don't see how either scenario adds a negative effect to the game. I think a lot of people dislike pete on a personal level for some reason and use this as the ultimate put down for a guy they don't like.

I have spoken with Pete a half dozen times over the years and he has been nothing but engaging and very personable. that is of course anecdotal, but I have no problem with him. He is a knowledgeable guy that is fun to chat with.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2021 10:52PM

Pete Rose is a complete tool and miserable man. I've had the displeasure of meeting him and his son on vacation years back. FYI the acorn didn't fall far from the tree. With that being said I don't care at this point if he gets in or not. I used to be a hard no. Part of the vindictive side of me hopes it's posthumously if it happens.

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

1. He gambled sporadically.

This. That’s what he did and it’s not speculative. You can find this information pretty easily if you want it.

Now, if you think someone in Pete Rose’s position isn’t going to do whatever he can to win his bet then there’s a lot you need to learn about the behavior of a compulsive gambler.

There is no world that exists where a bet on the outcome of a game isn’t the most important thing to a compulsive gambler. More important than family, friends, your job, etc.

And when you confess to a murder after they find the body, weapon, motive and show you video footage of you committing the murder, it no longer really a confession anymore.

Lastly, it’s also rumored that Pete Rose had another vice and that indisputable proof of THAT is what made him eventually agree to his own lifetime ban in the first place; another fine example of him not keeping his word.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

The interesting thing is that despite Pete's knowledge of the game, and despite him having every bit of inside information possible about his team, and the ability to control a game situation with his team as much as possible...he still lost a lot of money betting with the bookies.

If that doesn't provide a good indication of the futility of making money betting on sports, then i'm not sure what does?

• Options

A good friend of mine, always liked getting player autographs. When Rose was playing for the Reds in a game at the Phillies ballpark, Pete had a miserable day at the plate, and my friend who i think was around 15 years old at the time, after the game saw Pete sitting alone on the Red's team bus. The window was open, and Pete was sitting next to the window. My friend walks over to the bus, holds up a pen and paper and asks Pete to sign. Rose angrily snaps at him, verbatim quote, "F* off kid."

My friend thought it was funny and just walked away. But the bottom line, that's quite a nasty thing to say to a kid just looking for an autograph from a player at the ballpark.

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    I’m going to highly recommend people who think what Pete Rose did is no big deal to go take another look at it.

Here’s the big caveat: please don’t use anything Pete Rose ever said as evidence because he never once came clean in his life despite having several opportunities.

He lied, and lied and lied and then when insurmountable evidence was shown, after that he started to ‘admit’ some of what he did to make himself look better which is what he’s been all about since leaving jail.

Whether you bet on your own team to win a game or lose a game (sorry, not taking Pete Rose’s word that this never happened), the integrity of that game and all future games are now called into question. Maybe it’s using your closer today with a four run lead and he’s unavailable tomorrrow. Maybe you have a quicker hook with your starter who doesn’t have it and wreck the bullpen for a few games in the process. Maybe you skip a batters scheduled off day and insert him into the lineup. All those things done for the right reasons are fine. Winning money is not the right reason and should not be a factor in ANY decisions a paid manager of a pro baseball team makes.

For the sake of argument only (because he’s garbage and deserves no benefit of anything), let’s pretend he never bet against his own team. Guess what? What does that say about how those games get managed? And doesn’t he send a tacit signal to “the book” either way? If Vinny the Schnozz doesn’t hear from account PR44 on game day, he’s not using that information?

I’m not going to go into every scenario; he knew it, got caught, lied, went to jail, lied more, and now lies about just about everything to repair damage that’s never going to be fixed.

So glad he won’t sniff Cooperstown. His equipment can go, his records can stand and that piece of trash gets no plaque ever.

Justice, well served.

I’m going to highly recommend people who think what Pete Rose did is no big deal to go take another look at it.

Here’s the big caveat: please don’t use anything Pete Rose ever said as evidence because he never once came clean in his life despite having several opportunities.

He lied, and lied and lied and then when insurmountable evidence was shown, after that he started to ‘admit’ some of what he did to make himself look better which is what he’s been all about since leaving jail.

Whether you bet on your own team to win a game or lose a game (sorry, not taking Pete Rose’s word that this never happened), the integrity of that game and all future games are now called into question. Maybe it’s using your closer today with a four run lead and he’s unavailable tomorrrow. Maybe you have a quicker hook with your starter who doesn’t have it and wreck the bullpen for a few games in the process. Maybe you skip a batters scheduled off day and insert him into the lineup. All those things done for the right reasons are fine. Winning money is not the right reason and should not be a factor in ANY decisions a paid manager of a pro baseball team makes.

For the sake of argument only (because he’s garbage and deserves no benefit of anything), let’s pretend he never bet against his own team. Guess what? What does that say about how those games get managed? And doesn’t he send a tacit signal to “the book” either way? If Vinny the Schnozz doesn’t hear from account PR44 on game day, he’s not using that information?

I’m not going to go into every scenario; he knew it, got caught, lied, went to jail, lied more, and now lies about just about everything to repair damage that’s never going to be fixed.

So glad he won’t sniff Cooperstown. His equipment can go, his records can stand and that piece of trash gets no plaque ever.

Justice, well served.

Without question, Pete Rose is a confirmed liar. That is a fact.

In my opinion, Pete will probably take to his grave a number of things he did much worse than he has admitted about the manner of which he bet on baseball and managed the games.

• Options
    1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭✭

@ringer said:
    He may be right, but in typical Pete fashion he exaggerates his own accomplishments. His first year in Philadelphia he was 38 years old, not 39. And he missed over 50 games in his third year. He is on a level of narcissism said most people could never hope to attain

Can't argue with any of the narcissism, but for accuracy, the year he only played 107 games was the strike year, and that was all of the games his team played that year.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't (wasn't) the worry with gambling is the player getting involved (by force) with organized crime?

If I recall correctly, didn't some for players get barred from attending MLB games because they were using their celebrity for casinos? I believe Mantle was one, maybe Mays also. These were players who were pre free agency and had accumulated very small savings.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    Isn't (wasn't) the worry with gambling is the player getting involved (by force) with organized crime?

If I recall correctly, didn't some for players get barred from attending MLB games because they were using their celebrity for casinos? I believe Mantle was one, maybe Mays also. These were players who were pre free agency and had accumulated very small savings.

Yes, that is another concern and yes Pete was betting with an illegal bookie.

The second part is also true. And after giving it some thought, MLB relented. Because everyone realized that retired baseball players should be able to do what they want.

Managers and players should not be betting on the outcomes of games in which they participate.

Period, stop.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:

I don't know about Mays, but Mantle used to play golf with the gambling whales who were casino customers.

Like a small gambler gets a meal comp, these big gamblers got a Mantle comp.

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:

The second part is also true. And after giving it some thought, MLB relented. Because everyone realized that retired baseball players should be able to do what they want.

Managers and players should not be betting on the outcomes of games in which they participate.

Period, stop.

You may have seen the movie titled "The Gambler" with James Caan.

It's a fictional but very realistic portrayal of a compulsive sports gambler, and what it's like when a connected bookie gets his claws on you.

I would have to believe that considering the way Rose used to bet, from what i've read, that it's entirely possible that Pete felt some of the same pressures that James Caan's character felt in that movie.

• Options

Lastly, it’s also rumored that Pete Rose had another vice and that indisputable proof of THAT is what made him eventually agree to his own lifetime ban in the first place; another fine example of him not keeping his word.

Yes, he likes young girls, when this was going to come out he made his deal to stop the report \from being published.
    s about as bad of a human there is.

He should NEVER be allowed in the HOF!

Mantle wasn't much better. He bragged that he "led the league in VD" many times and also said "so did my wife"!

Real classy Mick.

Mickey did eventually clean up his act and become a better man, but he was a horrible husband and father.

No evidence that he bet on baseball, but when he took a job at a casino, he was told to quit or he would have problems with the MLB.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

Yes, he likes young girls, when this was going to come out he made his deal to stop the report \from being published.

Mantle wasn't much better. He bragged that he "led the league in VD" many times and also said "so did my wife"!

Real classy Mick.

Mickey did eventually clean up his act and become a better man, but he was a horrible husband and father.

No evidence that he bet on baseball, but when he took a job at a casino, he was told to quit or he would have problems with the MLB.

No argument here. Mickey was a self destructive alcoholic by night and an American idol by day. He had almost no business sense, very little savings and basically made his living off appearances from 1970 until his death. So when AC came calling with a ton of cash for no work, there was no chance Mickey would turn it down. Baseball always tried to maintain a wall between gambling and the game, knowing that boxing and horse racing were the sports it replaced to become the most popular sport and they were both taking consistent hits over gambling scandals.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@Alfonz24 said:

Period, stop.

You may have seen the movie titled "The Gambler" with James Caan.

It's a fictional but very realistic portrayal of a compulsive sports gambler, and what it's like when a connected bookie gets his claws on you.

I would have to believe that considering the way Rose used to bet, from what i've read, that it's entirely possible that Pete felt some of the same pressures that James Caan's character felt in that movie.

Excellent movie and highly underated.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

The hotel where the Reds stayed when they were in Philadelphia, was also a very popular breakfast and lunch destination for business folks. My Dad would be there perhaps once or twice a week taking customers out to lunch or breakfast to discuss various business ideas.

Well my Dad one day tells me the very short story, that one morning he's having breakfast there with a customer, and just happens to notice Pete Rose walking in, looking ruffled like he had a very long night, along with a young girl accompanying him. My Dad never used the word "underage" to me, but from his voice inflection of the word "young", I think that's what he meant.

He said that Rose sat at a table by himself and the young girl, and enjoyed breakfast...and that's all to the story.

Whether or not this was the same young girl who Rose was reported to have had a long affair with, i have no idea.

But what struck me as odd at the time after my Dad told me this, was if you're a public figure, and you're having an affair with a young girl, then why would you parade her around in public at a hotel restaurant? I mean why not just order room service?

In my opinion, it's like Pete just couldn't help himself, despite the possible ramifications. I think he just couldn't resist showing off the "trophy" that he had bagged last night.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete's new girl.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete is not the kind of guy who should be your kids first grade teacher.
    He's not the kind of guy you'd want taking care of your grandmother.
    He's the perfect kind of guy for a trip to a rock concert or a toga party.
    He is who he is. Take him or leave him.

• Options

@Goldenage said:
    Pete's new girl.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

either or . Soft player or the 10 man actuarial team has computed the potential revenue hit of every inning they might miss if they dont sit

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hot woman for a 80 yr old buzzard.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@coolstanley said:
    Hot woman for a 80 yr old buzzard.

No different than these other dudes who marry models and think it’s true love. Ever see Clay Bucholz or Dustin Pedroia’s wives? Those guys would never in a million years land these woman if they were not pro ball players with all their money