Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Let’s see some Exhibits!!!

A wildly underrated card genre that spans some incredible American history! Movie stars, sports stars, music stars...the Exhibit Supply Company made some special rectangles. I’ve got a few so here goes:

Now, there’s some of mine but I really want to see yours!

Post em if you got ‘em!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Comments

• graygatorgraygator Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

As it happens, these two showed up yesterday.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

• jimqjimq Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

Here's a couple in not-so-nice shape

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just have the one card .

Hoot Evers

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193

I tee it up and you hit it out...

😉

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

im ocd. i love looking at the larger holders but if its not a pack, then its got to be in a small holder for a permanent position in my shelves. with that being said, i did have this exhibit for a long while. sold it a year or so ago. tried grading it but they wouldnt slab it. even though it had a punch chad in it, i seriously thought about keeping it for the longest time before an offer from a good home rolled in that was impossible to refuse...

@blurryface said:
    im ocd. i love looking at the larger holders but if its not a pack, then its got to be in a small holder for a permanent position in my shelves. with that being said, i did have this exhibit for a long while. sold it a year or so ago. tried grading it but they wouldnt slab it. even though it had a punch chad in it, i seriously thought about keeping it for the longest time before an offer from a good home rolled in that was impossible to refuse...

Sounds like you just need more than one to create some symmetry.

😉

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@blurryface said:

Sounds like you just need more than one to create some symmetry.

😉

it was hard enough just to find a picture of another one! ill be honest, im not too well versed on exhibits but apparently that series that the sarazen was in was pretty rare all around?

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bobby Layne is the only Exhibit that I own.

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    Hiya Tim

How about a few complementary pieces along with this Mantle.

Your football vending machine is awesome.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

@Stone193 said:
    Hiya Tim

How about a few complementary pieces along with this Mantle.

Your football vending machine is awesome.

Thanx! This was the first "vending" thing I ever picked up something like 30 yrs ago.

Mike
  • ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2021 12:40PM

I have gone back and forth of collecting Exhibits - they also look great autographed!

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • I'm not sure if this is an Exhibit. It is the correct dimensions, I think. I picked it up for my Sox HOF display but it is just labeled "card" by PSA/DNA for the auto only authentication.

We HAVE TO have more Exhibits than what’s been posted, right, CU?

Here’s a few more from the PC, and one from above that’s gotten the Newport Beach treatment…

• redlegsredlegs Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭✭