Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show Report: Houston Spring Show

Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 14, 2021 9:21AM in U.S. Coin Forum

The show was Apr 9-10 at the West Oaks Fellowship Hall located off 14440 Richmond (1block east of hwy 6 which intersects Interstates 10). Houston,TX 77082.

I setup at the show with both graded coins and currency. 40 dealers were present. Adm for the public was $3 and parking was free. The show was well run - excellent and setup very smooth.

Attendance was really strong. Sales were probably double or more for me based on past averages. Sales were successful for me both coins and currency. Buying wise there was nothing I wanted offered me from the public. I did buy some material from a wholesaler setup at the show .

There was a snack bar plus free coffee and doughnuts for dealers. Friday dealers were treated with free pizza. Sat I participated in the $5 whataburger deal - burger, drink, chips, cookie delivered to my table by show staff.

I had a great time buying / selling plus seeing what other dealers had in relation to types of inventories.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

Comments

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report . .

Drunner

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy that it went well for you.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your report.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you had a well rounded day.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well this is very encouraging show news. Thanks. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like more fun than the final four..... ;)
    At least they got there.......

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice report, thank you for posting it.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the ANACS table there- it was by far the busiest that show has ever been for us.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds great!

BTW, I like my Whataburger with jalapeños on it. Can't beat that!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report...It sounds as if the show reflected the long 'no shows' period.... People really want to get back out and see some coins.... Time for this entire episode to end. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file