Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Surprised no one has started a thread about the GNA show in Dalton, Ga. this weekend!

amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's probably one of the biggest shows so far this year!

So who is going?

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Dalton shows are the best and biggest in the Southeast outside of the Fun shows. There is plenty of free parking and a great selection of dealers. I probably will not attend this time. I caught Covid about a month ago and am still weak. Have fun Darrell.

• Options
    Shrub68Shrub68 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

I will be there tomorrow afternoon around 2 PM.

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugh I wanna go.

Birthday party to go to 😒🥳

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options

Dang, Sorry to hear that. Hope you come through OK.

@golden said:
    The Dalton shows are the best and biggest in the Southeast outside of the Fun shows. There is plenty of free parking and a great selection of dealers. I probably will not attend this time. I caught Covid about a month ago and am still weak. Have fun Darrell.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

The two or three times I've been there it was a great show. I used to talk to Larry Briggs and Bill Fivaz there. Unfortunately that's been 20 years ago.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

This show has always been popular.... be sure to give us good reports....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Shrub68Shrub68 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

This show has been gang busters all day today!

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish I could be there. Safe travels for all

• Options

Thanks for an interesting report. I expected silver dollars to be very strong and you confirmed that. Surprised that you had so much time for buying - not necessarily a bad thing. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

I'm not known for wholesaling my hard fought to get inventory!

@ricko said:
    Thanks for an interesting report. I expected silver dollars to be very strong and you confirmed that. Surprised that you had so much time for buying - not necessarily a bad thing. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@amwldcoin.... Good point and smart business. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thought I would finish. Saturday was a I expected. Really not a lot of non dealers in attendance. Sunday was dismal as is typical for the show.

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    Thought I would finish. Saturday was a I expected. Really not a lot of non dealers in attendance. Sunday was dismal as is typical for the show.

I don't collect what most do but have concluded it only makes sense to go on the first day, to have a crack at the virtually non-existent dealer inventory for what I collect first. I have never been to this show but that's what I did for the 2020 ATL ANA. I found the one coin I bought at the end of my visit and then left. I arrived just after opening on Friday and spent maybe two hours.

For the Dalton show, it would take as long to drive there and back as I would spend looking and I probably would find nothing either. I'll go eventually.

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was ANA holding another grading seminar?

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options

@yspsales said:
    Was ANA holding another grading seminar?

If you are asking me, I do not know. I would be most interested in one on counterfeits but never attended any.

• Options

I actually found a few great buys Sunday. Sometimes ya have to do your due diligence! The Dalton show is more than double the size of the last ANA in Hotlanta!

@WCC said:

@amwldcoin said:

I don't collect what most do but have concluded it only makes sense to go on the first day, to have a crack at the virtually non-existent dealer inventory for what I collect first. I have never been to this show but that's what I did for the 2020 ATL ANA. I found the one coin I bought at the end of my visit and then left. I arrived just after opening on Friday and spent maybe two hours.

For the Dalton show, it would take as long to drive there and back as I would spend looking and I probably would find nothing either. I'll go eventually.

• Options
    YoloBagelsYoloBagels Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2021 5:09PM

@koynekwest said:
    The two or three times I've been there it was a great show. I used to talk to Larry Briggs and Bill Fivaz there. Unfortunately that's been 20 years ago.

Bill Fivaz still goes to the club meetings in Rockdale and MCCA. Not sure if you live in GA though. He has been a good friend and mentor to me since I started going to meetings.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in Ohio. Last time I saw Bill was at the 2001 ANA show in Atlanta. I do correspond with him fairly regularly.

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    I actually found a few great buys Sunday. Sometimes ya have to do your due diligence! The Dalton show is more than double the size of the last ANA in Hotlanta!

@WCC said:

@amwldcoin said:

Unfortunately, not for what I collect. The chances of a coin I want to buy becoming available later during the show are virtually nil. I did buy that one coin first day at the 2020 ANA but there are only three dealers that very infrequently have something I want to buy. Otherwise, it's either auctions or eBay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file