Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

THE OFFICIAL NUMISMATICS CRIMES THREAD!!!

POST ANY NUMISMATIC CRIMES THAT YOU HAVE DISCOVERED, WITNESSED, AND/OR REPORTED!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you do a search here on the forum yet? There is a significant history available here to read. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few years ago (2018) I was volunteering for school community service hours at a retired veterans coin shop helping him with organizing his inventory. One night some kids broke into his shop and stole $2000 in $ coin mint boxes. That was vary sad and devastating to the coin shop owner. Thankfully the community stepped in and raised $2000 to help him recover form the devastation. Unfortunately though the coins were never recovered,

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

;)

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought about a thread like this before.

the reason I did not make it is because the new crime reports with missing coin details would be buried in the body of the thread. I felt each crime would best be served by having the missing items in a new OP.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭

The "conserved" Norweb 1893-S Dollar. :#

• Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

@LogPotato said:
    The "conserved" Norweb 1893-S Dollar. :#

Gonna need to see a picture of that.

• Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

My submission for this is the 1850-O $20 that was polished from a PL

• Options