Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I got it!!! Mint Errors to Die For...what an amazing book!

KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

I said I wanted it!!! https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12869414

Tracked down the author, Joseph P. Cronin, and was so excited I ordered a couple of them from him!
A wonderful and caring gentleman by the way. :smiley: He even signed them for me!

Worth every penny, it's beautiful and loaded with goodness!!!
It's still exceptionally limited edition but I asked him when it will be available for regular people to order :wink:

I'm sensing an exceptional giveaway at some point in the future :smiley: I wonder when I can take this and show it off to the ANA Librarians... Hey @ErrorsOnCoins I think even you might love this book, even though I'm sure you've owned everything shown in it, and maybe actually do own some of the ones pictured :smile:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Comments

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like an intriguing book!

• Options

@koynekwest said:
    Looks like an intriguing book!

Been looking through...beautiful large images and great details. A nice thick book that's making me slow down and take my time with it even more. I'm thoroughly enjoying this :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

He signed many baseballs too.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will add this book to my numismatic library. I do not collect errors (though I would keep them if I found them), but I am intrigued by them and how they occur. So many different ones show up here. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks nice, I may pick up a copy at some point. Better laid out than some of the coin books I’ve bought in the past. I have one reference on error coins that goes more into the actual manufacturing processes but it only has grainy black and white photos.

• Options
    edited April 13, 2021 9:59AM

@FredWeinberg said:
    This is a large-size, 287+ glossy page book with hundreds of color photos
    with an incredible amount of info - great info and background for both
    the current error collector, and the beginning novice.

A bit pricy yes, but well worth it to me, for the comprehensive amount
    of info and detailed photographs.

And, for those not really into collecting or studying mint error coinage,
    it is still a source of important information about our coins.

It was some fun bed time reading last night and It is some excellent reading so far.
    As an actual photography pro (commercial photography degree in the early 90's) and having been a pre-press person the photos are really beautifully printed as well :smiley:
    I'm going to have to plan something special with my extra signed copy :blush:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    .. Hey @ErrorsOnCoins I think even you might love this book, even though I'm sure you've owned everything shown in it, and maybe actually do own some of the ones pictured :smile:

Looks like a cool book. I have not owned most of those but will certainly keep an eye out for them :)

We should do a 100 best error coins owned by forum members only thread ;)

• Options

@FredWeinberg said:

Thanks, Fred! You were a big help!

• Options

@FredWeinberg said:

Thanks, Fred! You were a big help!

A super nice offer from Joseph...
    Just copying this to the more recent thread :smiley: > @Matthews34 said:

@Matthews34 said:
    I have some copies left if anyone is interested in ordering a copy. I will sign them for you as well :)

Email me at josephcronin@protonmail.com or jcro57@yahoo.com

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2021 1:22PM

@gonzer said:
    He signed many baseballs too.

I think that's a picture of the Roger Maris 61st home run ball. :# The originality of the Cronin signature just about seals it. :o

Not Incidental to such witless wit is that many if not most civilians shown pictures of six-figure rarities will more likely get off on such picaresque numismatic examples of childhood memories.

Kudos to the author :)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    SPPSPP Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

I am a Canadian error collector, and I did not hesitate to purchase this book. It is a fantastic reference and should be in every error collector's library.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file