Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Has cards hit a wall

I would like people input on what might be going on? I seen a 84 topps usfl sale for $1,500 the buy left feedback would that sale be legitimate and then yesterday one sales for $1,023.00 is this because football not playing? I seen Jordan rookies have drop some. I not saying we're going back to cheap 80's football wax box.

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know if two sales constitutes a trend and there will always be items that get priced too high and too low, it’s just the latter don’t hang around and go unseen whereas museum pieces (priced to high) hang around forever.

Those sale prices don’t seem too far apart where they both couldn’t be real. There’s an ebb and flow to prices and there are both pro and amateur sellers.

I have, on the rare occasion where I sell something, posted items for ‘quick sale’ with the idea of leaving some money on the table for the sake of speed of transaction; typically to raise funds for another card.

I don’t think it’s worth trying to get in a sellers head; if you see something you like and want at a fair price, I think the move is to simply grab it rather than figure out why it’s priced the way it is, after due diligence.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

not yet.....$$

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

not from what i am seeing. in fact a lot of things across all genres still climbing respectfully.

• Options

Overall, no.

However, I have seen some cards peak and possibly not get back up...........for EX: does anyone Rickey PSA 9 RC will hit 5K again?

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    Overall, no.

However, I have seen some cards peak and possibly not get back up...........for EX: does anyone Rickey PSA 9 RC will hit 5K again?

I sure hope it will. I'm in $4,750 on my copy, not knowing when I purchased it that it had hit its peak.

• Options

@stevegarveyfan said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    Overall, no.

I sure hope it will. I'm in $4,750 on my copy, not knowing when I purchased it that it had hit its peak.

i do too........i'm selling one in PWCC's May auction

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Entire collection down 0.167% since march.
    80s/90s weak. T206 - 60s very strong.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed quite a few graded cards have come down in the last couple of weeks.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭