Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Final 5oz Puck -- 2021-P Tuskegee Released Today, came and went in under 2 hours to B/O

AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

As predicted, the final ATB puck quietly succumbed to a quick initial sellout pending remaining minted by July. All the Tuskegee quarters sold out quickly from the Mint and now selling well above original prices. Mintage limited to 20k pucks, wonder how many sold today? Any takers?

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

Comments

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one, like the design. I'm guessing 12,000 or so sold before bo. We'll find out next Tuesday.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one as I respect the subject, but really didn't like the Pobjoy-esque treatment of the reverse.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

picked up one - initially was gonna pick up a couple, but the premiums on these are 🚀🌌

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the subject matter... Have read a lot of the history of the group. Did not try to get one, just not a collector of these. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Modern mint designs resemble the work of a moderately talented junior high art student.

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeattleSlammer said:

“Modern mint designs resemble the work of a moderately talented junior high art student.”

Sadly, this is probably not an unfair statement. In the America the Beautiful series, I think ten or so are quite good.

The pucks do point out design challenges—some designs that may work on a puck sized object completely fail when reduced in size, and vice versa. A half dollar may be an easier media than a quarter, and both are very different from a puck. Also, some of the problems are fundamental design issues, and others are more related to implementation.

Higashiyama
  • Options

mine just shipped 📦💨

• Options
    edited April 9, 2021 12:33PM

Now unavailable..... :#

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sell 'em quickly unless you are keeping them.

24 hours to "unavailable" with a $100 premium is not a recipe for success on these. 20,000 is not exactly rare for a series that usually sells 15,000 coins.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

First Day of Issue sales = 16,617

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

24 hours to "unavailable" with a $100 premium is not a recipe for success on these. 20,000 is not exactly rare for a series that usually sells 15,000 coins.

A very logical statement, but this issue has performed anything but logical. Every Tuskegee Mint product sold out quickly and now reselling at multiples of original cost. 20k is no where near a low mintage for these, but when was the last time a new P puck sold out in 24 hrs? 16,617 in 2hrs (thanks Cag).

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

@jmlanzaf said:

A very logical statement, but this issue has performed anything but logical. Every Tuskegee Mint product sold out quickly and now reselling at multiples of original cost. 20k is no where near a low mintage for these, but when was the last time a new P puck sold out in 24 hrs? 16,617 in 2hrs (thanks Cag).

The long term on Mint products almost always follows the same pattern. Again, if you collect these, put it in your collection. Whether it is worth $125 a year from now isn't your concern. But if you bought it to flip, the flipping window is now.

• Options

19,833 sold

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

mine shows shipped but the tracking shows "awaiting item"

anyone have theirs ship yet?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Got mine yesterday

• Options

mine "shipped" the day of release

I get the predictable "Covid" excuse from the 800 number people.

I've never had an order take over a couple of days to finally be given to the shipper.

I'm biting my nails since these are no longer available and with the recent order fails happening. I guess I can feel good that my CC went through.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Final puck was delivered in Washington DC April 1st. via UPS took 3 days from shipped..... USPS HAS really failed, 2 day priority mail DC to Philly mailed Mar 17 "seems" stuck at DC hub

(l8-)>>

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    mine shows shipped but the tracking shows "awaiting item"

anyone have theirs ship yet?

was supposed to show up yesterday, delayed, coming today 🤗🔥

• Options

Got mine on Monday. The Mint is now forcing Alaskans to pay 2nd Day UPS now (no Budget shipping). In this case it was nice to get them fast.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said in another post, I doubt if they trained on P-51D's as shown on the coin. They flew that type of fighter in Italy late in the war but probably did advanced training on P-40's or the earlier P-51 razorback types.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2021 6:34AM

@MsMorrisine said:
    mine "shipped" the day of release

I get the predictable "Covid" excuse from the 800 number people.

I've never had an order take over a couple of days to finally be given to the shipper.

I'm biting my nails since these are no longer available and with the recent order fails happening. I guess I can feel good that my CC went through.

now they are saying give it another week and they will issue a refund!

LAST ISSUE!

This was a SUBSCRIPTION order!

• Options

finally they changed back to back order this am.

I quickly placed another order and went back to sleep.

I just found out that the flip crowd must have realized they were not flippable since the back order button is still there.

I called the 800# for the fourth day (can I trust the back order process any more with this the last issue? mission critical) the person on the other line listened and said she'd escalate to a supervisor.

Hopefully they will ship this one so I know I have the last issue.

someone offered me one. thank you for the offer. I'm going to try the order process fingers crossed.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

My many shipping/tracking issues with the USPS have been beyond explanation. I have been told that several major hubs (Memphis is one, also Denver, Chicago, Indianapolis, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington DC) have had to refuse container/ trucks and stage them for acceptance. Some said COVID staffing issues, some said "Postal processing policies" (politics), some say union slow down. All agree that the customer is suffering horribly. 2 Day Priority mail left DC for Philadelphia, and sat in Teterboro for 3 Weeks!. They cover it up by freezing tracking data. Several have said "we don't consider it list until 30 days from last tracking entry". That item made it to Philadelphia after 28 days, I opened a case, they still haven't updated the tracking information (since March 18th) and failed to respond to the case filing within 3 business days.....

(l8-)>>

• Options

miracle upon miracles, it arrived today without any intermediate tracking scans. amazing.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got mine at beginning of the week. I like the theme but the execution IMO sucks and reminds me of Pobjoy Mint. Should have known better but thought the coin would be better than the pictures. LOL, silly me.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

so I ordered via backorder a replacement group of coins. The original order arrives Sat. I could not cancel? "Too far along in processing."

hmmm.

the backorder shipped today.

not complaining. just telling more of the story. perhaps someone waiting on a backorder may be surprised this week.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2021 1:47PM

oh

I forgot, the subscription was sent USPS

I didn't pay extra for the shipping, but the backorder is coming UPS. why? I don't know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file