Home Metal Detecting

Oak Island Treasure.. They found a part from a Cannon Fuse

HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Now I seen the show last night and they brought out this layered metal item that was stored in a basement for 45 years. They brought it to the metals expert and he said it was part of a cannon, I don't think so.... He said the hole was there for the fuse. I am no expert but I have dug as few items and have a few items just like the one found.... I am sure that the cannon steel layered item is part of a large pot or bucket. I have one still on the copper pail. The pail dates around 1675-1710. The Oak Island item holds the handle to the side of a large bucket or cooking pot. The two bottom holes attached to the vessel while the hole held one side of the handle and another one was directly across from it. So I called out the lipstick container as lipstick and not a cane head and I will call this one as a bucket handle holder use to carry a pot.

Comments

• cashhoundcashhound Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

This upcoming program seems to be quite interesting (finding a possible ship in the swamp) ... but then again I have been disappointed by them more than a few times before.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That show is nothing but perennial hype built on an old legend of a supposed treasure that will never materialize. Cheers, RickO

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, I admit it. I watched it on the sofa every week with my glass of organic California wine. At least I F.F. thru the commercials.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

I predict IF they ever find anything even close to what they are looking for you will see the news on the internet long before the shows airs.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pullease! I have way more excitement detecting my backyard. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69... :D Agreed... and I have more fun watching my cat waiting behind around the corner to pounce on the dog when it comes by... Though he is starting to learn... watched the other day and he slowed down before the corner and walked a wider path... :D and that time, the cat was not there..... Going to get him next time. Cheers, RickO