2»

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@dcarr said:

@cohodk said:

@dcarr said:

Still waiting for an explanation as to how an "income stream" can be generated by holding SLV ...

Sell options.

That could just as easily cause an additional loss.
    I certainly wouldn't classify the speculation in options as an "income stream".

Then you dont understand options and strategies. Thats ok. Many folk dont.

Speculation is peculiar word though, isnt it?

Speculation. It is what it is.

Any option strategy has some risk. And fees. Also, SLV has decay as previously mentioned.
    So I doubt that any "strategy", in the long run, would outperform the fees and decay.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

and the day the rosters come home to roost, you are called away

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knowledge is what keeps some three steps ahead of others, while ignorance keeps some in doubt.

There are other strategies MsMorrisine.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Often times that "knowledge" includes those things you don't want to hear or truths that go against what you hold so dear. LOL

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    Often times that "knowledge" includes those things you don't want to hear or truths that go against what you hold so dear. LOL

If only you heeded your own words.

• Options
    edited May 24, 2021 5:12AM

@derryb said:

Until you start backing up your opinions with confirmation, your opinions don't quite count as knowledge.

Is it that I do provide confirmation to the opinions I hold that bothers you so much? Of course when that confirmation differs from YOUR opinion it is simply conspiracy stuff. lol.

You have been wrong about so many things, yet there are still so many more to come.

• Options

Its actually that you dont support your opinions with anything but others opinions. Thats not confirmation.

You state opinion as if it was fact and when questioned you call people trolls or play a victim.

And you really shouldnt discuss being wrong, as that is your crown to hold. No one can ever contest you on that.

• Options
    edited May 24, 2021 6:12AM

I rely on the opinion of professionals in the field of precious metals to keep me abreast with the latest developments. My links and their sources confirm this. I share this with those who seek further understanding of precious metals. What they accept is up to them, not you and not me. The source of what you have to offer this forum is obviously your very biased self-centered opinion that you believe is the only true opinion. You're a troll by definition because you follow my every post with some unbacked effort do discredit either what I say or what the PM professionals I present have to say.

• Options

@dcarr said:
    SLV has decay as previously mentioned.
    So I doubt that any "strategy", in the long run, would outperform the fees and decay.

There is only one proven investment strategy. "Buy low and sell high."

• Options

@derryb said:
    IYou're a troll by definition because you follow my every post with some unbacked effort do discredit either what I say or what the PM professionals I present have to say.

Well, i do comment on others posts, but you write or support the most jibberish. Put out trash and expect flies.

For over a decade you have been posting about this event or that regulation change or conspiracy theory or expolosion or implosion or doom and glood scenario that is supposed to send silver to the moon. Everyday, the same thing, and everyday then same result. Nothing happened. Nothing.

We finally got a $10 rise in silver because some dude in China ate a bat and the govts of the world dumped $20 trillion into the economies. It wasnt any of the doom and gloom youve supported or countlessly said was imminent. It was a bat. Just because you recycle others' opinions doesnt mean you are educating anyone. A decade of your "education" and you were bested by a bat.

Im sure ive "liked" and "agreed" to more of your posts than you have of mine. Stop being so dismissive. Answer a question that i propose rather than post a cartoon or yell "troll". Others may really want to know why you feel or interpret information the way you do. That may go a lot further towatd educating the forum

• Options
    edited May 24, 2021 1:22PM

Last word Louie strikes again. LOL

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may be time for me to invite @cohodk and @derryb over for a beer in the rose garden.

Higashiyama
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

@Higashiyama said:
    It may be time for me to invite @cohodk and @derryb over for a beer in the rose garden.

Don't ruin things, for most of us it's entertainment!

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Options speculation as a stream of income? Not much different than buying cryptos. They both hinge on buying & selling intangible stuff that didn’t exist yesterday, backed by a system in which you have zero control and no recourse. Hey, it’s your money. Have at it.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

I've been away for awhile, and just returned to check things out. derryb and cohodk are still at it! Amazing stamina/endurance. Bruce Jenner 1976 style.

• Options

I'm Kim, he's Bruce.

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

Who is Bruce Jenner? :s

• Options

Next governor of Cali.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Next governor of Cali.

The Terminator?

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@Higashiyama said:

Ive invited him myself but hes never accepted.

Maybe we could do a little grilling --fish perhaps- on the BBQ tomorrow in remembrance of those who fought to give us all the freedoms we enjoy today.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    I'm Kim, he's Bruce.

I'm Caitlin, he's Bruce. Fixed it.

• Options

• Options
    edited August 14, 2021 7:11AM

Yeah, you about nailed the top on this one. Lol. Nice 20% drop. Maybe you should just stop, as you say, "rely on the opinion of professionals in the field of precious metals to keep me abreast with the latest developments"

Meanwhile....producer prices are up about 15-16% over 2019. Looks like my 20% call in a year might be low.

And paper silver has still outperformed physical. Especially and dramatically so, if one took advantage of strategies that help create an income stream.

• Options
    edited August 16, 2021 8:52AM

@cohodk said:

Yeah, you about nailed the top on this one. Lol. Nice 20% drop. Maybe you should just stop, as you say, "rely on the opinion of professionals in the field of precious metals to keep me abreast with the latest developments"

Meanwhile....producer prices are up about 15-16% over 2019. Looks like my 20% call in a year might be low.

Actually I about nailed the top on July 20 with this post in another thread: "we're gonna see $22 silver before we see $30 silver return."

And, as you know I am a big fan of ASEs vs. generic silver and have voiced that opinion too many times over the years to count. Comparison of premiums over those years indicate a correct call on the ASEs.

Those that wish to attack my stance on silver as an investment fail to comprehend I do not recommend it as an investment. I recommend it as dollar insurance. And all failures on my calls over the years to see a better price increase with PMS is a direct result of true fundamentals being removed from from their markets by the dominance of a false, paper a market that is able to ignore fundamentals and provides a valuation for a product that is in reality different from what is actually traded.

But, mark my word, the day will come when the fundamental roosters come home to roost and the dollar insurance suddenly becomes a wise investment after all. Simply icing on the insurance cake. The Titanic will not reach port. those neatly lined up deck chair futures contracts will slip into the sea. And this is why the bullion banks who keep the price down are at the same time stockpiling physical silver at low price. They too can smell the icing; they too see the iceburg.

• Options

Dollar isn't going anywhere in our lifetime. You'd think with all this price suppression gutter stockpiling by the banks there wouldn't be an ounce available for the rest of us yet there are hundreds of millions of ounces readily available. lol

• Options
    edited August 14, 2021 1:34PM

@blitzdude said:
    Dollar isn't going anywhere in our lifetime. You'd think with all this price suppression gutter stockpiling by the banks there wouldn't be an ounce available for the rest of us yet there are hundreds of millions of ounces readily available. lol

lol, how's the FED kool aid? Don't feel bad, most are fooled by the FED's effort to mask dollar destruction under the guise of controlled inflation. Think of it as "rust never sleeps." Dollar's been on the move down since before the day you were born.

If you are 50 yrs old:

• a dollar buys 574% less than it did on the day mom popped you out.
    • during this time the FED has "successfully" managed inflation with an annual average rate of 3.89%. Even with its stated goal of 2% annually, the dollar will continue to go down.

The good news - even the worlds worst central banks can indefinitely keep a dying currency on life support. This is not a measure of strength of the currency, only the temporary control of the central bank over a failing economy. "Not going anywhere" is a poor description of currencies kept on life support. They are constantly going places and unfortunately in the wrong direction.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2021 1:19PM

@blitzdude said:

Dollar has done nothing but gone down in all our lifetimes. You think it's going to change and go up......? Nobody said it's going away, just wipe your ass with it. I'm 50, if you're in your SSA and pension and 401k years you're ahead of the current game, don't discredit dollar devaluation because of a golden parachute that is still in play.

I'm already feeling dollar destruction on my day 2 day. Happy you aren't but don't belittle facts.

• Options

@derryb said:

All this time I thought this cat was from Bulgaria, turns out he lives in Zimbabwe, lol

• Options

And about that gold and silver demand that many believe is just not there:

• Options
    edited August 16, 2021 12:51AM

Recent COMEX take downs indicate how desperate bullion banks are to get out of their short positions.

A scale down in price of this magnitude usually occurs when they know a PM price stimulating liquidity event is around the corner. Buy the dip.

• Options

paper silver has still outperformed physical

Yup, it's an imaginary market so any number can be fabricated at will, for awhile.

Dollar isn't going anywhere in our lifetime.

I hope to live a little longer than a year or so.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

You'd think with all this price suppression gutter stockpiling by the banks there wouldn't be an ounce available for the rest of us yet there are hundreds of millions of ounces readily available.

Wasn't it recently that the US Mint reported that silver procurement was delayed?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still buying .... and selling.
    It's what I do. But here, I just read tea leaves.