Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

My Texas Set - Just Imaged!

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 7, 2021 5:58AM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

So from what I learned imaging my Walker Set, I just completed imaging my Texas Set. I love the "deep dish" look on the obverse of these coins. Like the Walkers, I made all these from hunting raw coins, but I may need to purchase the last one (1936-S). Let me know what you think of the images.

Texas Set

Comments

• Options

Preview: 1937-D, PCGS MS67:

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the images are great. The lighting is consistent from coin to coin and the images seem to capture the detail as well as the color and luster of the coins. The similar look of three '38 coins is amazing. Nice job!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

A thumbs up here.

Wayne B)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are beautiful. Which side is considered the obverse? the eagle / star?

Now how to find what the other side looks like as a lowball.

• Options

I think most collectors consider the eagle side to be the obverse, and PCGS holders them that way. But because "half dollar" is on that side it is confusing - there is the same issue with the Oregon halves.

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW!!!!

When the s@#$t hits the fan I move to Texas!!!!! You go dude!!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Connecticoin said:
    I think most collectors consider the eagle side to be the obverse, and PCGS holders them that way. But because "half dollar" is on that side it is confusing - there is the same issue with the Oregon halves.

I usually thought the date side was on obverse, but some of these commemoratives it is hard to tell, like the gold dollars with heads on both sides.

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding job of imaging!

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!