Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Recommendations for Online Resources for Spanish/Mex/Latin American Coinage?

All - I have a group of various old Spanish/Colonial coins that I'd like to research - how to determine where and what mint they are from, potential value if any, etc. Maybe they’re all just junk, but it might still be fun to learn about them.
This is a small representation of what I'm talking about.

I also have a number of pre-1900 Mexican Cap & Rays 8Reales to check as well.

Any help is appreciated!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Comments

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've got a great online resource in this forum. Just need the other side photo. Nice looking group. Can you make out the writing on the 8R? I think i can read "Pres.....t" but hard to make out.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, thanks TwoKopeiki, I considered that, but figured perhaps it would be better if I asked to learn how to fish, rather than just ask for a fish, so to speak....

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • ELuisELuis Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki You, have a great stuff on that link, that does not sound a Light... collection for me, it is more than that, some of those coins are way too cool. Kudos!

@ELuis said:
    @TwoKopeiki You, have a great stuff on that link, that does not sound a Light... collection for me, it is more than that, some of those coins are way too cool. Kudos!

Thank you. Labor of love over the last decade :)

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:
    You've got a great online resource in this forum. Just need the other side photo. Nice looking group. Can you make out the writing on the 8R? I think i can read "Pres.....t" but hard to make out.

Are you missing any dates now or is the date set complete? Where do you go next? Another mint?

@Boosibri said:

@TwoKopeiki said:

Are you missing any dates now or is the date set complete? Where do you go next? Another mint?

The list of dates and varieties I am missing is still pretty long. Even in the basic 1772-1821 set I'm only 72% complete and need 19 coins. Hard to find even some of the common dates with the look I like.