Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm going back in...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 31, 2021 3:53PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys. After picking up a Bank Box of Quarters. I went through about 20 rolls before finding out I might of let go three varieties I wasn't aware of. The 2018p Michigan Pictured Rocks, the 2019p. Memorial and the 2020p. Virgin islands. Ddo's on all three. The mottos mostly. A very obvious variety. Well, trying to decide to let them go for now or go back and start checking them over? So, here's my decision. "I'm going back in!" Can't seem to let them go into the wild. That's if there are any in the bag or not? Lol

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least you know you're only looking for 3 reverses and can forget about the others!
    Good luck!

• Options

@ShaunBC5 said:
    At least you know you're only looking for 3 reverses

Thanks Not reverses, obverse. ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, once you identify the reverse, you look at the obverse, but I hope you're using the reverse to weed out the ones you don't need to look at...but we've already established that your eyes and attention to detail far exceed mine!

• Options

Oh, I see what you meant by reverse. ;)

• Options

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just looked at those 3 DDOs on VarietyVista, and I have to say they're nice, especially since they're supposedly from the single-squeeze hubbing process.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, that is some strong doubling for single squeeze.
    Nice to see this

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done that before!

• Options

Ok, just sifted all the right years and Mint Mark's. 20 of them through the whole bag. I checked all 20. NOTHING! Lol oh well. :*

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you spot a few...or many knowing you!
    I have a long time habit of always taking a close look at the motto on all quarters so I'm pretty sure I haven't missed any of those... I wish you the same type of luck you have with the W's!!! :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    edited March 31, 2021 6:38PM

Like my thread states, "I'm going back in". Checking the rest of my Quarter box, that is. Lol

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love your dedication Joey! You've actually inspired me lately to look closer at every coin I see. Well I work in a retail store and have never found a W quarter and just a couple days ago noticed my first one.
    I only get a couple rolls a week to use for change so when you talk about going thru a whole box - WOW!
    Anyways.... good luck and thanks for getting me back into the habit of keeping my eyes open.

• Options
    edited March 31, 2021 8:47PM

@jedm said:

... just a couple days ago noticed my first one.

Thank You for the kind words, dude. Congrats. on your cool find. I tell ya, If you stay persistent, you WILL find many more, believe me. Good Luck. ;)
    Oh, AWESOME PICS too.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck on your deep dive @JoeyCoins....Those are DDO's I was not aware of, and not very obvious when scanning change. Will look closer in the future. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file