Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

$200,000 for a Lebron James NFT

Comments

• Options
    KyserKyser Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2021 7:08AM

Just another fade that will end the same for me as with MTG and Pokemons. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Options

These things beg the question: If someone believes they own something, does it matter whether or not they really do? That’s some Total Recall stuff.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont get it, but to each his own.

remember POGS?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing I collect requires me to charge my phone in order to look at it

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

This is about the dumbest thing ever, but then again, I thought (and still do) think Bitcoin is a scam

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

Whoops. Looks like NFTs are hosted by individual companies. So if one goes out of business - there goes your NFT. Poof!

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021 4:01PM

im sure that 200k sale was totally legit 🙄

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

More NFT news from a professional football player. Once these guys figure out that an NFT can help themselves financially, they will all jump on board. Why sell your image to Topps or Panini when you can have your own NFT guy create your own rare NFT's and have your own little company just to yourself.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-player-taylor-rapp-to-sell-nf-ts-to-help-fight-anti-asian-hate-105438564.html

• Options

i might pay $3 for a mathis w scissors.

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    More NFT news from a professional football player. Once these guys figure out that an NFT can help themselves financially, they will all jump on board. Why sell your image to Topps or Panini when you can have your own NFT guy create your own rare NFT's and have your own little company just to yourself.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-player-taylor-rapp-to-sell-nf-ts-to-help-fight-anti-asian-hate-105438564.html

I would bet most players have no idea how NFTs work on the backend. But they'll sure find out when they get sued after a company hosting them goes out of business and everyone loses what they bought.

• Options

@Copyboy1 said:

@Goldenage said:

I would bet most players have no idea how NFTs work on the backend. But they'll sure find out when they get sued after a company hosting them goes out of business and everyone loses what they bought.

I'm sure the guy who paid 69 million for Beeple's NFT artwork made sure he was protected. They'll have
    this figured out before they get involved.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Was I the Only one here who caught the SNL NFT Rap Skit/ Video?

Check it out!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options

@thedutymon11 said:
    Afternoon,

Was I the Only one here who caught the SNL NFT Rap Skit/ Video?

Check it out!

YeeHaw!

Neil

i have not, but i know your sense of humor and doing it right now!

• Options

thank you! and, well... they pretty much nailed it!

"no. but i do have some pills" 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mrNOYudaMAc

• Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Trevor Lawerence will not have a paper rookie card if he had a say. The issue is I think the players union controls card contracts.

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options

Picked up my first lebron Top Shot. Series II assist serial 23323/35000. Double jersey number.

• Options

@Kyser said:
    Picked up my first lebron Top Shot. Series II assist serial 23323/35000. Double jersey number.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/28/230-million-dollars-spent-on-nba-top-shot.html

• Options
    edited April 6, 2021 12:37PM

I'm hooked on Top Shots. I am going after what I think are rare serial numbers. Just got an Anthony Davis Seeing Stars serial number 2621/10000. The Moment is from a game played on 2/6/21 and the Lakers won in double OT.

• Options

Wait until the players association negotiates a contract where NFT's can be purchased from Super Bowl's, NBA finals, World Series, and Stanley Cup playoffs. Perhaps the World Cup and Olympics too.

Imagine if collectors could purchase NFT's from movies, tv shows. The possibilities are endless.

It's really an exciting market for the future.

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

Feels a little like when card companies went crazy producing 1/1s, or The Pit (first electronic trading card site), or eTopps. Would suggest getting in and out quickly. Smart money is already in and getting out, is my best guess.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2021 7:17AM

The line for $999 Top Shot pack was over 80k yesterday. They released around 2.5k packs. I drew Q spot 16k :(

• Options

@esquiresports said:
    Feels a little like when card companies went crazy producing 1/1s, or The Pit (first electronic trading card site), or eTopps. Would suggest getting in and out quickly. Smart money is already in and getting out, is my best guess.

smart money is getting back in etopps. the right etopps that is.

• Options

@Kyser said:
    The line for $999 Top Shot pack was over 80k yesterday. They released around 2.5k packs. I drew Q spot 16k :(

Imagine if they had NFT packs for the slam dunk contests when Jordan played.

Any updates on your packs ?

• Options
    edited April 16, 2021 6:06AM

Another top shot pack drop yesterday. 92k packs released, I drew Q position 217k. :neutral: out of about 5 pack drops I have managed to acquire 0. The amount of people getting in line for these are about 4-5 times the amount available.

I have just been buying the pre order packs so far. And picking up what I think are cool serial numbers. I picked up a Jokic serial number 15154/35000. Another double jersey number to add to my lebron 23323/35000.

I am guessing the Topps pack drop next week will be insane. I also think Top Shots NTFs are a much better concept and design.

• Options

creating a scarcity or “hard to get” scenario is key to keeping this thing rolling, right?

if everybody could get packs would everybody still want them?

• Options
    edited April 16, 2021 6:09AM

Yes, they have publicly stated something along the lines of "As subscribers increase, they will increase production. But not proportionally. They seem well aware of the supply and demand aspect. When I signed up for Topps ahead of the drop next week. I was amazed to see how few packs Topps were releasing. Their NTFs are basicly a digital card with no video, no sound. They could have planned to release millions of these. But doesnt look that way to me. It looks to me like they are watching Top Shot closely. Same thing I see with Prizm cards IRL. I know collectors that are lucky and over joyed if they score one box of anything Prizm from Walmart and Targets. I think Prizm could make more product and lower prices. Was Prizm basketball direct from Panini $1850 a box? Ya I think a lot of people understand supply and demand...... I like Top Shot as a concept and the potential. But, it is far from flawless. I have been able to make a fantasy team with my moments and compete for free weekly prizes. There is talk of a mobile called Hard Court coming people can use their moments as stat boosts or something. All I am saying by continuing to post about Top Shot here is. This is not going away this year or next. Could it fade away like E-Cards? Sure. To me E-cards was a great idea for its time. But it was boring. Even some fantasy game back then could have sent that product line to the moon. I remember upper deck or someone around the same time had a fantasy game built around cards you could pull. That was the most fun I had with cards ever.

https://nbatopshot.com/showcases/67510fa2-1654-484f-aa1c-cb0a06c08d14

For anyone interested that is my showcase with my two favorite moments. And the prices are my, I don't want to sale price. So don't take anything from the pricing.