Two sales records broken by Brand-Pogue coins sold by Stack's
In addition to selling the $10M Brand-Cardinal-Morelan dollar and the 1933 Farouk-Weitzman Double Eagle, Stack's just sold the most valuable US gold coin and US half dollar.
For US Federal coins, is Stack's the place to sell?
1822 Half Eagle - PCGS AU50 - Ex. Brand, Eliasberg, Pogue
The Most Valuable Gold Coin Issued by the United States
$8.4M on a PCGS Price Guide price of $6.5M.
- Cert: https://www.pcgs.com/cert/28944387
- Sale: https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-Q4SHM/1822-capped-head-left-half-eagle-bd-1-rarity-8-au-50-pcgs
1797 Half Dollar - PCGS MS66 CAC - Ex. Brand, Pogue
The Most Valuable United States Half Dollar
Considered Finest Known
$1.68M on a PCGS Price Guide price of $1.95M.
- Cert: https://www.pcgs.com/cert/31385751
- Sale: https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-Q4SH9/1797-draped-bust-half-dollar-small-eagle-o-101a-t-1-rarity-4-15-stars-ms-66-pcgs-cac
1845-O Liberty Head Quarter Eagle. Winter-1, the only known dies. Repunched Date - PCGS MS63 OGH - Ex. Vanderbilt, Brand
Finest Known 1845-O Quarter Eagle
Here's another notable Virgil Brand coin that just sold:
Sold for $117K on a PCGS Price Guide value of just $55K!
- Cert: https://www.pcgs.com/cert/4727167
- Sale: https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-Q4STR/1845-o-liberty-head-quarter-eagle-winter-1-the-only-known-dies-repunched-date-ms-63-pcgs-ogh