Home Sports Talk
Options

My wife is ruining it all!

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to cut back on the bad foods, and since it's getting near time for Easter, they have these at Wal-Mart, and she keeps buying bags of them, knowing I can't resist their pull!

Comments

• Options

They're evil. They're evil I say!

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found this solid 3 footer of you as a kid. Is this where you developed your chocolate crazy?
    You can still get this one for a paltry $345...should take you well into football season. B)
    Might require a few dental appointments, but, hey, a guys gotta have his chocolate.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better check and see if the wife offering these evil edibles, recently upped the payout value of your life insurance policy.

😉

• Options

If she brings Cadbury Creme Eggs home, then I'm in serious trouble. She knows I love these little tiny egg shaped legends.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the mini peanut butter cups frozen. I have a fridge in my man cave and I put them in the ice dispenser so they come out automatically frozen.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

That dog has a sad look... begging the question to the owner... what did I do to be humiliated like this?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody can eat just one. I limit myself to 8 a day, which is torture.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

I love those. Same brand too. They're great. Really great!

• Options

Gentleman, I give you, deep fried Cadbury Creme Eggs. It is a Cadbury Creme Egg inside of a deep fried dough, with powdered sugar on the outside!

• Options
    edited March 25, 2021 9:11AM

I also love these tiny chickadee little legends. You get 10 chickadees in each box!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@hammer1 said:

I love those. Same brand too. They're great. Really great!

Try the Trader Joe ones. Crack pretzels

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr. Reese had 16 children and worked for Milton Hershey in Hershey PA. He was let go by the company and had 16 mouths to feed during tough economic times. He began making and selling his own chocolates to support his family.

Canned peanut butter was new during this time in the 1920s.

Mr. Reese perfected the design of the cup and began selling them like hot cakes in the town of Hershey.

A short time later Milton Hershey made a deal where Reese would work for the company again, keep a certain amount of rights to the product, and have Hershey mass produce the product.

It became the most popular candy of all time.

What a man can do when the chips are down and the good lord on his side.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

But they are Delicious 😋

• Options

@hammer1 said:

They are addictive as crack! I scrape the salt off some of them in between

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

But they are Delicious 😋

Too delicious, definitely the GOAT of candy. I must confess, I'm eating one right now!

• Options
    edited March 25, 2021 10:19AM

And here he is, the man himself, a true genius Mr. H.B. Reese, the inventor of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. He is a true genius, Leonardo Da Vinci is a joke compared to Mr. Reese. A joke I say!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    And here he is, the man himself, a true genius Mr. H.B. Reese, the inventor of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. He is a true genius, Leonardo Da Vinci is a joke compared to Mr. Reese. A joke I say!

Yeah, but Dallas would tell you he's not that vital towards your enjoyment of the cup. He would say that the factory worker is much more important than Mr. Reese is.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

the reeses egg is truly the greatest incarnation of the reeses cup. followed closely by the peanut butter cup Christmas tree.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last candy I had at the house for just me was Mike & Ikes and Hot Tamales, fruit and cinnamon, mix them together and it's a surprise, a delicious sweet surprise of flavor.

• Options

I never knew until this day that this forum was infested with salt and sugar addicts.

:)

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guilty

• Options

@stevek said:
    I never knew until this day that this forum was infested with salt and sugar addicts.

C'mon Steve, since it's getting near time for Easter, have a tasty little treat. Indulge, come over to our side this Easter, and have a taste. I recommend the Cadbury Creme Egg. Just look at the Cadbury bunny with his basket of delights, surely you can't say no to the Cadbury bunny.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I'm trying to cut back on the bad foods, and since it's getting near time for Easter, they have these at Wal-Mart, and she keeps buying bags of them, knowing I can't resist their pull!

My wife never buys things like this . You must live in an opposite universe. 😂😂

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

C'mon Steve, since it's getting near time for Easter, have a tasty little treat. Indulge, come over to our side this Easter, and have a taste. I recommend the Cadbury Creme Egg. Just look at the Cadbury bunny with his basket of delights, surely you can't say no to the Cadbury bunny.

You're one of those street corner chocolate pushers i've read about aren't you?

Well okay, I'll stop by later today to pick up 5 grams of chocolate. B)

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

The regular Cadbury creme eggs are too sweet. But I love the Chocolate ones and the Caramel ones

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

I'm a terrible sugar addict. I quit eating processed sugar and flour five years ago. Made a HUGE difference in my life.

See @stevek, DD and I couldn't be the same person. with our diets. But have you and I ever been seen in the same room together? ;-)

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@AFLfan said:

@stevek said:

I'm a terrible sugar addict. I quit eating processed sugar and flour five years ago. Made a HUGE difference in my life.

See @stevek, DD and I couldn't be the same person. with our diets. But have you and I ever been seen in the same room together? ;-)

Very wise Todd when you quit eating processed sugar and flour. It made a huge difference in your life, and the good news is that huge difference will continue as you get older. I think most folks may not know about the brutal long term effects this processed food has on our internal organs, especially the liver and kidneys.

Having read a number of books and a lot of articles about nutrition, I am convinced that poor diet is the number one cause of folks dying too young from cancer and other assorted diseases.

The interesting thing is when adjusting our eating habits to eat healthy, we eventually lose the desire for these bad foods. For example I had quit eating chocolate a long time ago but i'm not neurotic about having some again if in a social situation. In which a few years ago i was at a wedding and at the reception they were serving those little Hershey kisses as some sort of celebratory thing or whatever. No problem, i unwrapped the little silver foil on it, popped it in my mouth and surprisingly i practically gagged on it. Couldn't stand the taste, and politely turned the other way, grabbed a napkin, and spit it out into the napkin.

So it was interesting to experience how my taste buds had changed to physically reject a harmful substance, and perhaps it was a bit mental as well. :)

• Options

@AFLfan said:

@stevek said:

Has anyone ever seen Cliff Clavin and stevek in the same room together either?

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

8? Holy crap, you have the willpower of 20 people. 8 is a starter pack for me!

• Options

Now, you have to be careful about what you say around Peeps because these little guys are always listening. They know when someone is bad-mouthing them.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@hammer1 said:

8? Holy crap, you have the willpower of 20 people. 8 is a starter pack for me!

Yeah, it's torture. I know if I didn't restrain myself I'd go from 210 lb to needing a crane to get out of bed.

• Options
    edited March 25, 2021 3:39PM

@doubledragon said:
    Now, you have to be careful about what you say around Peeps because these little guys are always listening. They know when someone is bad-mouthing them.

@DrBuster's Mike's and Ike's and Hot Tamales are made by the folks that bring you Peeps. Go figure

m

• Options

This is awsome, I'm going to try this. Let's get this photo out here for the world to see. History is being made here!

• Options

Liquid Peeps?!

• Options

Just look at this work of art. It's breathtaking.

• Options

Oh my goodness!

• Options

• Options

I'm also freaking out. As a hardcore fan of both Pepsi and Peeps, it is my duty to tell the world!

• Options

Just remember, they're listening. They know when they're being bad-mouthed.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

my sincere apologies in advance for being the thread buzzkill, but....

those cadbury cream eggs look really, really disgusting. like snot oozing out of a piece of roast beef inside a doughnut hole with cocaine sprinkled on it

and please don't get me started on peeps. if you wanna make me ralph like a champion, force me to eat one of those

• Options

I don’t even like Peeps but because of this thread I will take a sip of peep Pepsi lol. And @galaxy27 agreed

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    my sincere apologies in advance for being the thread buzzkill, but....

those cadbury cream eggs look really, really disgusting. like snot oozing out of a piece of roast beef inside a doughnut hole with cocaine sprinkled on it

and please don't get me started on peeps. if you wanna make me ralph like a champion, force me to eat one of those

The Peeps heard that!

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@AFLfan said:

@stevek said:

Has anyone ever seen Cliff Clavin and stevek in the same room together either?

!

Thank you Woody. :D

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    Mr. Reese had 16 children and worked for Milton Hershey in Hershey PA. He was let go by the company and had 16 mouths to feed during tough economic times. He began making and selling his own chocolates to support his family.

Canned peanut butter was new during this time in the 1920s.

Mr. Reese perfected the design of the cup and began selling them like hot cakes in the town of Hershey.

A short time later Milton Hershey made a deal where Reese would work for the company again, keep a certain amount of rights to the product, and have Hershey mass produce the product.

It became the most popular candy of all time.

What a man can do when the chips are down and the good lord on his side.

Wow, what do you know. I always thought PB cups were discovered when Hershey was eating a chocolate bar and bumped into someone eating peanut butter and got peanut butter on his chocolate; and the other guy got Hershey’s chocolate all over his peanut butter. And it turned out to be a great taste!

• Options

Cupcakes.

• Options

Dairy based drink.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    Cupcakes.

O M G. Nirvana.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've noticed at one of my favorite convenience stores that Reese's has a lot of new products but I don't really
    think you can improve on perfection except for this.
    Go big or go home! My favorite midday energy boost......

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

Take your favorite cookies and cream ice cream and smash a Reese’s cup in it.