Home Sports Talk
Options

Best swing in baseball?

LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without a doubt my favorite swing is that of Will Clark. There have been several sweet swings through the history of the game but in my opinion the Will Clark swing was so fluid and a picture of perfection. Who are some of your favorite swings of all time?

Comments

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

Ken Griffey Jr. - Best swing ever hands down

Barry Bonds
    Willie McCovey
    Reggie Jackson
    Ernie Banks- it looked he barely swung the bat and off would come a 420ft line drive.
    Fred McGriff
    Stan Musial
    Sammy Sosa
    Ted Williams
    Anthony Rizzo (personal favorite- cool swing)
    Ichiro Suzuki - another favorite.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Killebrew
    Kaline

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ted Williams and Tony Gwynn for me

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ted Williams

The real discussion is the order following him. I suppose one could even separate the question and offer thoughts as to the best swings to a left handed hitter and right handed hitter. My answer obviously stands with Williams on the left... just not sure of the best from the right.

Always liked Kaline and Killebrew... not sure if either would be my choice as best but both belong in the discussion (as to best swing from the right side)

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

Weren't Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich starting pitchers for Yankees in the late 1960s... ?

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

McGriff and Justice were the best on the Braves that I saw going to all those games back in the day.

Boggs
    Gwynn
    Sosa
    Will Clark
    Brett
    Pete Rose
    Ichiro
    Griffey Jr

• Options

@coinkat said:
    Weren't Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich starting pitchers for Yankees in the late 1960s... ?

Yes and the swapped wives during 1973 spring training, hence the swinger reference.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

Okay... fair enough... didn't know or even see that coming...

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dick Allen - he could swing a 42 ounce bat like it was a toothpick.

This one's easy to say, but Mantle in his prime had a devastating swing. Always looked like the ball was his worst enemy when he was swinging at it.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

hard to beat will the thrill and Griffey for me.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Daryl Strawberry had a beautiful swing.

For no reason that makes any sense to me, I've always thought lefty swings looked much better than right-handed batters.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    Daryl Strawberry had a beautiful swing.

For no reason that makes any sense to me, I've always thought lefty swings looked much better than right-handed batters.

I think that there are so many more right handed pitchers and that lefty batters swings are uncompromised against them.

I agree

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

John Kruk versus Randy Johnson in All Star game

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2021 8:03PM

George Brett told me who had the best swing he had ever seen. I agreed. He should know.....nobody you have ever heard of. The kid
    could slam it!!!!!!

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the sweetest swings come from the guys who can spray it all around the ballpark with the same fluid motion.

Guys like Gwynn, Brett, Williams.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morganna had a nice swing.