Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What to do? Expert advice required

Ok. I have a lot of unopened that I am totally disinterested in including Kentucky Derby Classics Fortnite, Pamini Heritage, and Topps 76-77 "holiday" packs. Should I hold? (my preference) or sell sell since the market is on fire? These are obviously raw .

Thank you for any advice! Bobby

Comments

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

and one 1976 Topps pack that is not for sale no matter what. I personally purchased it and am holding fast.

• Options
    edited March 23, 2021 7:20PM

!978 baseball too! Two packs. I opened at least 20 outta OCD need! Got good results though,

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

76-77 holidays packs?. Do you mean xmas holiday racks? If so, those aren't legit so you may as well open them.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    76-77 holidays packs?. Do you mean xmas holiday racks? If so, those aren't legit so you may as well open them.

Yes. Can we please see pictures?

• Options

ve> @daltex said:

@grote15 said:m

sure thing. DTex, I don't know why you constantly question me; but I don't like it. I've been on this board for nearly 20 years and DO NOT appreciate your arrogance. You need to check yourself prior to calling out others, Just my two cents. I will post proof tomo if I feel like it . IMO You are what hurts our hobby. In other words, You are an arrogant asshat who thinks you know more than you do and are irreproachable. I have many friends on this board and you are not one of them.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2021 12:01AM

hashbrown canceldaltex :D

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbybakeriv said:

ve> @daltex said:

sure thing. DTex, I don't know why you constantly question me; but I don't like it. I've been on this board for nearly 20 years and DO NOT appreciate your arrogance. You need to check yourself prior to calling out others, Just my two cents. I will post proof tomo if I feel like it . IMO You are what hurts our hobby. In other words, You are an arrogant asshat who thinks you know more than you do and are irreproachable. I have many friends on this board and you are not one of them.

On the contrary, I know how little I know and would like to see pictures to educate myself. I'm not doubting that you own them, just that I would like to know what they look like. Is my assumption that these threads are always better with pictures incorrect?

• Options

@daltex said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

ve> @daltex said:

OK. I will post today. I am also hitting the proverbial "reset" button for our future conversations. I have honestly felt that you have been questioning me at every turn. It may be my own misperception. If so, I apologize. I enjoy this forum and try not to offend others or deter them from speaking their mind. If I misunderstood your post (which seems to be the case), I stand corrected. Bobby

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

if they are items you are not interested in, this is a great market to sell in. then you could buy things that do interest you!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbybakeriv said:

@daltex said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

ve> @daltex said:

OK. I will post today. I am also hitting the proverbial "reset" button for our future conversations. I have honestly felt that you have been questioning me at every turn. It may be my own misperception. If so, I apologize. I enjoy this forum and try not to offend others or deter them from speaking their mind. If I misunderstood your post (which seems to be the case), I stand corrected. Bobby

Count me among the curious, I bought a Christmas Rack once and the ‘stars’ in front were the only ones. Been told they’re semi legit in that you’ll get decent cards in decent shape but it basically guaranteed commons; a decent option for set builders, though.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2021 6:40AM

fortnite packs? which series, what type packs?

eta: don't want to be taken the wrong way, but i am completely serious if they are series 1.

• Options

99.9% of those christmas racks are bogus.

there are ways to differentiate the real from the extremely rare real ones, but i choose not to disclose for obvious reasons.

and even the real ones aren't factory issued product and the chances of them having stars on the front or back are even scarcer than finding a real one to begin with.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

@daltex said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

ve> @daltex said:

Count me among the curious, I bought a Christmas Rack once and the ‘stars’ in front were the only ones. Been told they’re semi legit in that you’ll get decent cards in decent shape but it basically guaranteed commons; a decent option for set builders, though.

Unfortunately, though, the premiums being paid for them as "unopened" packs far outweighs any benefit for potential set building. You are better off buying lots of EX-MT cards, instead, at a much lower price.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

@daltex said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

ve> @daltex said:

Unfortunately, though, the premiums being paid for them as "unopened" packs far outweighs any benefit for potential set building. You are better off buying lots of EX-MT cards, instead, at a much lower price.

Obviously I will defer to anything you say since I know who is talking.

Thank you for lending your expertise to the thread and CU, in general.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@blurryface said:
    fortnite packs? which series, what type packs?

eta: don't want to be taken the wrong way, but i am completely serious if they are series 1.

Series 1. I have 34 unopened packs. I know the Holiday packs are bogus but I got them cheap a ways back. I've actually had pretty good luck with them in the past. I also have many other unopened packs but nothing like you guys. A lot of 80s crap, oddball stuff, and some basketball. Sorry, for the delayed pic but I was in a pretty good car wreck on Friday and am just now getting up and around. Nothing crazy, broken ribs, toe, strains here and there, and a concussion. Sorry Daltex for misreading you earlier. I appreciate this board and KNOW I am pretty ignorant on most card-related topics. Good luck Gents! By the way, my dog gotta ahold of one of my holiday packs with a
    76 Carew showing. Needless to say, he felt it was worthless too.

• Options

the green box unopened? if so, it looks like an italy box bc of the clear cellophane. if so, i'd just sell.

if those loose packs are the 6 card packs, you have prolly 1.5 holo cards in there.

a black knight would net you $10k easy raw.
    a regular black knight would net ya $500.

i say crack them w extreme care. they are really condition sensitive. any holo is gonna be worth a couple hundred bucks sooner than later.

luxe, peely, red knight, spider knight also command decent coin.

• Options

@blurryface said:
    the green box unopened? if so, it looks like an italy box bc of the clear cellophane. if so, i'd just sell.

if those loose packs are the 6 card packs, you have prolly 1.5 holo cards in there.

a black knight would net you $10k easy raw.
    a regular black knight would net ya $500.

i say crack them w extreme care. they are really condition sensitive. any holo is gonna be worth a couple hundred bucks sooner than later.

luxe, peely, red knight, spider knight also command decent coin.

dim
    THANKS Blurry. I have no idea about those cards but bought when I heard they were potentially valuable. Yes the box is wrapped in clear cellophane. I'll just hold for now. I guess the Italian version is far less desirable?

Below are some cards that I really like, 3 packs unopened. I don't know if they are worth a dime or a hundy. Don't really care either, I just liked them. I am of the mindset that Secretariat was the greatest "athlete" in history. It is said that his heart was twice the normal size for a racehorse. Love him. Also for the record, my wife forced that goofy turtle costume on my best buddy. It was Halloween and he was so cute plus she was stunningly gorgeous. I was blinded at the time and Ollie paid the price for my weakness! You can tell he isn't happy! I sure was though. However, as the old adage goes, no matter how beautiful, there is some guy sick of her shit. LOL

• Options

Just checked, three cards per pack. Another loser. :)

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

That holiday rack is stunning!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@flcardtrader said:
    That holiday rack is stunning!

My dog would have to wear a costume everyday of the week if my wife looked like that.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Ex wife for the record!