Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

DELETE

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 22, 2022 4:05PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options

Is he suppose to come out with such a book anyone know?

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not yet to my knowledge. I don't buy this coinage but would be interested in such a book.

TPG population data is not much use for this coinage, except in confirming a low proportion as being common, like the 1774 Potosi 8R which I recall is a hoard coin.

• Options

@WCC said:
    Not yet to my knowledge. I don't buy this coinage but would be interested in such a book.

TPG population data is not much use for this coinage, except in confirming a low proportion as being common, like the 1774 Potosi 8R which I recall is a hoard coin.

Same here I don't collect them but would like to learn about them. I have finished his 1st book I learned a whole lot but would like to see the later dates as well.

• Options

I do collect the Lion & Castle quarter real to a limited extent but not the Portraits. I own 10 from six mints (missing Popayan, Colombia and all but one of the unattributed types) in grades AU-55 to MS-67.

The Mexico coins are included in his Portrait book. I would be very interested in survey data for the other mints. This isn't a series that is widely collected to my knowledge but a lot of scarce dates here too.

• Options

It would be nice to see him publish a few more books I would be a buyer.

• Options

My next preference would be Bolivian decimal coinage from 1864-1909 but I would probably be the only buyer.

On a more serious note, there are plenty of other potential candidates I wish he would cover:

A Resplendores type book for the other four Mexico Cap & Ray denominations but with survey data:

Central American Republic

Ecuador Capped Bust

Colonial gold coinage

I'd be interested in a book specifically directed toward "royals" but presume it has been covered many times elsewhere though not in a similar format. (I only own Practical Book of Cobs.)

• Options
    edited March 23, 2021 7:39PM

I would like to see a full book on the cap and rays from Mexico that I would really enjoy. I mean 1/2 Reales to 4 Reales. Would be a great book.

I wonder if anyone will ever bother doing such a book. Would be great if it was made like the Resplendores book.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WCC said:

I'd be interested in a book specifically directed toward "royals" but presume it has been covered many times elsewhere though not in a similar format. (I only own Practical Book of Cobs.)

Highly recommended:

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

@MrEureka said:

@WCC said:

Highly recommended:

Thanks I am guessing it's only in Spanish and I have no understanding of that language except for a few words.

• Options

I would like to see all caps and rays 1/2 reales up to 4 reales.

• Options

@MrEureka said:

@WCC said:

Highly recommended:

Thanks. I am actually more interested in the other denominations aside from the 8R. The coins are frequently (usually?) scarcer but where not, cheaper where I can afford to buy it.

I also interested in the few coins attributed to Panama and the Dominican Republic (not royals to my knowledge).

• Options

@KingOfMorganDollar said:

@MrEureka said:

@WCC said:

Highly recommended:

Thanks I am guessing it's only in Spanish and I have no understanding of that language except for a few words.

Lazaro is bilingual.

Andy Lustig

• Options

@WCC said:

@MrEureka said:

@WCC said:

Highly recommended:

Thanks. I am actually more interested in the other denominations aside from the 8R. The coins are frequently (usually?) scarcer but where not, cheaper where I can afford to buy it.

I also interested in the few coins attributed to Panama and the Dominican Republic (not royals to my knowledge).

For Panama, Proctor is your man. Check this out:

colonialcobs.com/forum/index.php?topic=236.0

Andy Lustig

• Options

@MrEureka said:

@MrEureka said:

@WCC said:

Highly recommended:

Lazaro is bilingual.

What does the book cover countries and years? Does it cover rarity as well?

• Options

@MrEureka said:

@MrEureka said:

@WCC said:

Highly recommended:

Lazaro is bilingual.

As the title says, it covers Mexico, Peru and Bolivia. And yes, it provides extensive notes on rarity.

Andy Lustig

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrEureka said:

@MrEureka said:

@MrEureka said:

@WCC said:

Highly recommended:

Lazaro is bilingual.

As the title says, it covers Mexico, Peru and Bolivia. And yes, it provides extensive notes on rarity.

And it only covers 8 reales as the title says

• Options

Will add it to my books to buy list.