Home Sports Talk

I feel the need to point out...

AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

That within a 24-hour span, @doubledragon started threads covering Bigfoot and Leonardo DaVinci. That is some incredible posting diversity. And throw in that he actually intended the Bigfoot thread to be about Bill Belichick, but then smoothly transitioned into the Big Hairy One when things began leaning that way is evidence of a truly nimble mind and deft keyboard work. I'll bet he is a blast at cocktail parties as well.

Nicely done, buddy. You surely keep us entertained!

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Double D is the 2020 Poster of the year for a reason 🤷‍♂️

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need to get Bigfoot signed to an NFL contract. Then it would be a sports related topic here.

Although i'm not sure at the moment what position he would play?

Perhaps with those big feet, he might be capable of kicking 100 yard field goals.

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

My family and friends have no interest in what I do. For me these boards are a life saver. I can engage with similar people and agree or not in what they have to say but it usually stays civilized. I get ridiculed in my hairy friend beliefs but proudly wear that on my sleeve.
    I get on the different categories but mostly lately its to see what DD has come up with. So when Todd has finished the Meldrum book I hope he adds his $.02 worth. Craig mentioned L Coleman.
    He has a decent book as well.

DD sasquatch as been given a scientific name in Zoobank (the int'l commission on zoological nomenclature).
    Do you know what it is w/o looking it up?

I will say this the deeper you get into BF research the weirder it gets.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    My family and friends have no interest in what I do. For me these boards are a life saver. I can engage with similar people and agree or not in what they have to say but it usually stays civilized. I get ridiculed in my hairy friend beliefs but proudly wear that on my sleeve.
    I get on the different categories but mostly lately its to see what DD has come up with. So when Todd has finished the Meldrum book I hope he adds his $.02 worth. Craig mentioned L Coleman.
    He has a decent book as well.

DD sasquatch as been given a scientific name in Zoobank (the int'l commission on zoological nomenclature).
    Do you know what it is w/o looking it up?

I will say this the deeper you get into BF research the weirder it gets.

No, actually I do not know, but I would love to. I always like to learn new things to add to my files!

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woj tweeted DD just hired Scott Boras, and he now wants $25 a post, or he'll go OTS.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    Woj tweeted DD just hired Scott Boras, and he now wants $25 a post, or he'll go OTS.

This is a complete fabrication, it's actually $30.00!

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm beginning to think that Todd and DD might be the same person.

Notice the two d's in Todd's name - that gives it away. 🕵️

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

And I also enjoy @stevek's conspiracy theories, crazy as they may be...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

My source of cheap entertainment is DD threads. Dancing with a $2000 a night call girl just got to be too much work.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2021 3:03PM

@AFLfan said:
    That within a 24-hour span, @doubledragon started threads covering Bigfoot and Leonardo DaVinci. That is some incredible posting diversity. And throw in that he actually intended the Bigfoot thread to be about Bill Belichick, but then smoothly transitioned into the Big Hairy One when things began leaning that way is evidence of a truly nimble mind and deft keyboard work. I'll bet he is a blast at cocktail parties as well.

Nicely done, buddy. You surely keep us entertained!

His range is like Ozzie Smith with the imagination of Dr Suess.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2021 7:38PM

There would appear to be some similarities between the two subjects.
    Other than the squatch wearing a cheap Moe Howard toupee the resemblance is striking.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.