Home Metal Detecting
Options

Anyone find any W-mint quarters detecting

I always check just in case but nothing yet

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot find them in circulation... so not much chance of finding one detecting... I have mentioned the W quarters to several of my friends (non collectors), and they have been looking as well... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

nothing here either :(

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

I found one in circulation.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not yet.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Got three brand new quarters in change last night at the store.... All P mint... When she handed the change to me I thought I might get lucky... was obviously a fresh roll from the bank. Store was busy or I would have asked to check the rest in the change slot. :( Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Got three brand new quarters in change last night at the store.... All P mint... When she handed the change to me I thought I might get lucky... was obviously a fresh roll from the bank. Store was busy or I would have asked to check the rest in the change slot. :( Cheers, RickO

@RickO, I saw a 2019 sitting in a (plastic) donation box at a local Nobhill. I told them that I would donate $2.50, if they gave me that quarter, and they did... It was in UNC

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

nope, none here.
    still looking

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

No W's either - but still looking........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

W's detecting? That could be like winning the lottery. But if they're found in or on the ground, it's not going to be worth much.

Best chance?..... Searching the grounds around the West Point Mint!

• Options

I expect I will have as good a chance finding a W quarter in the dirt as I will in change in this area. I have asked a couple of people (retail clerks, but not coin collectors) and they have not seen any yet. Though one told me that two other people had asked her about them.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

nope, never found one yet, detecting or in change

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

No

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    edited July 22, 2021 7:52AM

Checked change daily for the last week.... got quarters every day - No W..... Beginning to think I will never find one in the wild. Roll hunters grabbing them all I think.... Though I doubt there are any W's in rolls around this area. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Got this one recently in change from a vending machine and its a v75

• Options

Double WOW!! From a vending machine.... I have not even considered that source. OK... will buy some bottled water at work... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko

Definitely surprised me one machine here at work I've found a W, Sanfransico proof quarter and a 1920 buffalo

• Options

@gene2393... Wow... I would be checking/using that machine ten times a day. Good luck... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clad quarters look bad after circulating a short while is my observation. Find a clad quarter with metal detector and it's usually totally brown color.Hard for me to get excited about any of them other than as spenders, mintmark notwithstanding.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options

@ricko said:
    @gene2393... Wow... I would be checking/using that machine ten times a day. Good luck... Cheers, RickO

I try at least once a day but sometimes it's out of change if I have to use a different one LOL

• Options

Not yet, but stranger things have happened!