Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Does Ebay auctions have a better return policy on US Currency than Heritage Auctions?

synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 21, 2021 4:44PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

I was amazed to receive a slider $10 Silver Certficate 66EPQ note on Heritage Auctions that was quite blatant. Upon calling HA, I was told "No Returns on TPG Notes".

Doesn't Ebay have a more "buyer friendly" return policy?
Years ago I sold a TPG note on ebay and the buyer complained abou the TPG mylar surface having scratches yet no complaint about the note itself, only the clarity of the holder. I fully refunded 100% of the purchase and shipping and even paid shipping both ways.

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to know how a slider got into a 66EPQ holder.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

I have only won 1 listing on HA & like any auction house I am always left wondering why such a huge organization (with such high volume) charges these high high buyer's premiums, penalties for using credit cards, delivery & so on (as I wrote in your other post). There was a CDN auction house I used to patronize & it was similar 'gouging practice' with them. As you noted (in another thread) these guys can't even list the item with extra/correct details on why a particular note is collectible. I feel exactly like you- that the seller should shoulder some of the responsibility to at least inspect what they sell.

I've only had a few problems with a few sellers (2 from Asia & 1 from Turkey) on very cheap notes with incorrect/inaccurate listings on eBay. One gave me a return address in Chinese which I declined (it was not worth the expense/hassle). I became wary. A couple other sellers (I patronized) then listed notes incorrectly & when I pointed it out they still would not correct/revise their listing. One thanked me & corrected. That's been my only issue with World eBay sellers. Considering the volume of notes I've purchased in the past year- I don't think its too bad & its taught me to be extra vigilant about sellers' listing an item correctly.

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

I am so old that I recall decades ago when Heritage only charged 10% buyers fees and allowed me to pay up to $8,000 on credit cards with no cc fees.

Then again, I was also an avid bidder on TeleTrade where you would dial up to a "Stephen Hawkins" computer voice for auctions and bid via telephone.
    So archaic memories now...