Home Precious Metals

Stimulus payments equal 11 years of silver production.

cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

So last year global production of silver was about 25000 metric tons or about 800 million ounces. At today price of $26 thats about $21 billion.

The big G said they've issued 90 million stimmy payments worth about $242 billion. Thats enough to buy over 11 years worth of mining production.

When are those billboards going up?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That is the kind of information that most people cannot understand.... as they spend the money. Such things make many people just space out....."Duh... yeah... duh.... where's my money?" Cheers, RickO

  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Around 1/3rd of all the Dollars ever created in the USA were created in the last 52 weeks. Act accordingly.

    email: [email protected]

    100% Positive BST transactions
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @metalmeister said:
    Around 1/3rd of all the Dollars ever created in the USA were created in the last 52 weeks. Act accordingly.

    We've thrown well over $10 trillion at COVID over the past year and we're just getting started.

  • I agree with all of you. Nice to be surrounded by some awake people who pay attention and see what is coming! TY

  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Rhodl said:
    I agree with all of you. Nice to be surrounded by some awake people who pay attention and see what is coming! TY

    Keep in mind it's been "coming" for 50+ years now. Don't hold your breath, and yes hopefully you are young and plan to live 500 years lol.

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • Blitz, What do you think gold will be worth in 500 years lol?

  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'll be long gone but I'd guess around $50,000 Amero dollars / 1 million bitcoins per ounce. Perhaps even a couple cans of beans or even a stick of butter. Good Luck!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • Great answer, lol! So it would be something like 150,000,000 Amero/BTC = 1 ounce pure gold? And I would imagine it would be an Avoirdupois ounce instead of Troy ounce by then. Too funny! Good luck to you too!

  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

    11 years and the reddit crowd couldn't buy more than 1 weekends worth of silver??!!??

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MsMorrisine said:
    11 years and the reddit crowd couldn't buy more than 1 weekends worth of silver??!!??

    Silver needs to hire the bitcoin marketing firm.

    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

    Knowledge is the enemy of fear

  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

    but bitcoins stack so much easier.

    maybe we can get the descendants of the hunt brothers on board.

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Randolph and Mortimer Duke!

  • MartinMartin Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I for one, am glad Dave is back.
    Martin

  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MsMorrisine said:
    but bitcoins stack so much easier.

    They stack into the classic pyramid

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The Treasury has now issued $325 billion in free handouts. Thats now enough to buy over 16 years of current silver production at todays price.

    The $1.9 trillion stimmy pachage is the same as giving every man, woman and child 10 ounces of silver.

    The silver market is so tiny. When will it grow up?

    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

    Knowledge is the enemy of fear

  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cohodk said:
    The Treasury has now issued $325 billion in free handouts. Thats now enough to buy over 16 years of current silver production at todays price.

    The $1.9 trillion stimmy pachage is the same as giving every man, woman and child 10 ounces of silver.

    The silver market is so tiny. When will it grow up?

    In the fall:

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2021 4:20PM

    /H #stimmy, thank you sirs may I have another? #LG (Life's good)

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2021 4:33PM

    #LG until you own one.

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

    you can blame bitcoin, but the failure of the wallstreetbets weekend doesn't help. even stackers don't like buying at these currently inflated premiums... I'm looking at $10 over for ASE on a $25 basis?? nuts.

    (I may buy a bit before it rolls into T2, but that is a gamble not a stack)

    people living paycheck to paycheck aren't buying silver either.

    How many other factors are there?

    when will silver shine? I'm waiting for comex to implode the federal debt bubble to explode.

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2021 5:36PM

    @MsMorrisine said:
    you can blame bitcoin, but the failure of the wallstreetbets weekend doesn't help. even stackers don't like buying at these currently inflated premiums... I'm looking at $10 over for ASE on a $25 basis?? nuts.

    high premiums are what is causing holders of paper (all types, including COMEX contracts) to demand their physical metal, they see a growing advantage (higher premiums) to having the real thing. The higher premiums go, the more paper owners will demand conversion/delivery. This is where bullion bank default will begin. And, like a bank run, it will spread like wildfire once started.

    Ultimately it is high premiums that will break the chains holding down base (spot) price.

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Silver rocks. Pile it High and Watch it Fly.

    ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @blitzdude said:

    @Rhodl said:
    I agree with all of you. Nice to be surrounded by some awake people who pay attention and see what is coming! TY

    Keep in mind it's been "coming" for 50+ years now. Don't hold your breath, and yes hopefully you are young and plan to live 500 years lol.

    As long as we can park rates at 0% and dump several trillion freshly created USD every year to keep things propped up we'll be fine.

    But we all know what's gone on since 2009 can't be sustained. When it gives out and our bloated equity markets are routed then reality will set in. This greed knows no bounds and won't be satisfied until the goose is fully cooked.

  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    @cohodk said:
    The Treasury has now issued $325 billion in free handouts. Thats now enough to buy over 16 years of current silver production at todays price.

    The $1.9 trillion stimmy pachage is the same as giving every man, woman and child 10 ounces of silver.

    The silver market is so tiny. When will it grow up?

    In the fall:

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • Blitz, that is awesome! I have no words to add!

  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

    But wait there's more. Biden is talking 5 Trillion more in infrastructure + other "Equity" programs.

    email: [email protected]

    100% Positive BST transactions
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Our Costa Rica exit plan is in play....

Sign In or Register to comment.