Home Precious Metals
Options

Facebook ads for $5 ASEs

I began seeing these a few weeks ago. FB does not seem to care. I am sure the video shows real ASEs.

I am sure the fakes are being drop shipped from Alibaba.

Unfortunately these are being resold in mass. I wonder how many the average dealer is seeing a week? And how many upset people then knowingly and illegally try to sell them privately as being real?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

and how many end up on ebay from unknowing sellers just trying to make a buck?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find it amazing that people buy them.... Even for those not into PM's, it is easy enough to check the current prices. And items selling for less than 20% of melt should set off alarms.... I guess in some cases, greed is louder than alarms or ignorance is deafening. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:

I beg to differ on this. Anyone that does sufficient research into flipping would consciously comprehend that no entity would sell legitimate 1oz silver rounds for 20% of their paper value. They could sell them to any legitimate dealer for paper value at minimum.

I do agree that after they change hands then their being fake is not so obvious.

• Options

@isaiah58 said:

@derryb said:

I beg to differ on this. Anyone that does sufficient research into flipping would consciously comprehend that no entity would sell legitimate 1oz silver rounds for 20% of their paper value. They could sell them to any legitimate dealer for paper value at minimum.

I do agree that after they change hands then their being fake is not so obvious.

and how many end up on ebay from unknowing sellers who did not do sufficient research and are just trying to make a buck?

• Options
    isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@isaiah58 said:

@derryb said:

and how many end up on ebay from unknowing sellers who did not do sufficient research and are just trying to make a buck?

Since you repeated the question that I already responded too, maybe you can provide the answer that you are looking for??

• Options

@isaiah58 said:

@derryb said:

@isaiah58 said:

@derryb said:

Since you repeated the question that I already responded too, maybe you can provide the answer that you are looking for??

I updated the question based on your response to the first time I asked.