Home Precious Metals
Options

Palladium

80 bucks from all time high. Huge move today.

Platinum next?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the metals seem to have an uptrend at this time.... Of course, that can change quickly in the PM world. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it!!!!
    I will enjoy the ride as I watch my Eagles further ascend and swoop and dive and ascend again!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

It appears the more industrial metals are showing relative strength, than compared to gold.

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Love the industrial white metals!

• Options
    RonBRonB Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USASoccer said:
    Love the industrial white metals!

For sure.
    Platinum group metals (PGM's)
    have the momentum for now..

Collector of Classic US Coins
  • Options

Got Palladium?!
    It is beating gold, platinum but not rhodium.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got Palladium?!

I bought palladium early, and sold it way too early. Not making the same mistake with gold, silver and platinum. ;)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

GOOOO Palladium!
    And GLD

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like NILSY stock. World's largest Palladium miner. Doing very well too!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

I’m still sort of kicking myself for not buying some about 10 years ago. I forgot who was selling, but it was a 10 oz bar for around $2500. At the time, I was unemployed so that was a lot.

Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2021 1:47PM

Another way to invest in the (PGM) metals is with the stock SBSW, one of the largest producers of the white metals. Also paying large $0.84 USD div. (Bi-annual). Worth a look.

This needs to stop:

• Options

Oh snap, that is right, Pd goes up, converters “fall off”

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever try to sell any yet? Doesn't seem to be any demand. Just askin for a friend.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

Tell your “friend” I don’t have any problem selling Pd near spot.

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Got Palladium?!

Iridium is beating Bitcoin this year.

thefinn
  • Options

Platinum Group Metals (PGM's):

Platinum, palladium, rhodium, iridium, osmium, and ruthenium.

Platinum production was reduced due to the pandemic. Rhodium is a by-product of platinum production, and is used to produce mixed white gold, very popular with the ladies and newlywed's.. Easy to do the math here on why Rhodium is through the roof.

Palladium, less dense than platinum, goes a longer way than platinum in catalytic converters. However the soaring cost may justify returning to Platinum.

Regardless, the PGM's all have room to romp here. Keep an eye on this group.

• Options

From CNBC:

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Tell your “friend” I don’t have any problem selling Pd near spot.

I guess the key word is "near". Looks like maybe I should of bought some paper Pd but no way I could deal with those spreads. Congrats!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

I tend to like my palladium even more when it’s busting nuts:
    CNBC...
    Palladium extended its blistering rally to an all-time high within striking distance of $3,000 on Friday on supply concerns and bets for improving demand, while gold pulled back on strong U.S. economic data.

Palladium hit a record high of $2,925.14 per ounce and was poised for a second straight weekly gain. It was up 0.4% to $2,849.18 per ounce.

Many analysts expect a further run towards $3,000 as automakers ramp up purchases of the metal, worsening a supply shortage. “We’re expected to outstrip supply for multiple years out,” said Phillip Streible, chief market strategist at Blue Line Futures in Chicago.

Both palladium and platinum are used as emissions reducing catalysts in automobiles but palladium is used more in gasoline engines.

Platinum climbed 2% to $1,226.93 per ounce and was headed for its best week in six. Spot gold , meanwhile, fell 0.4% to $1,777.24 per ounce, giving up initial gains that were driven by a weaker dollar and subdued U.S. yields. U.S. gold futures settled 0.2% lower at $1,777.8 per ounce.

Data showed U.S. factory activity powered ahead in early April, giving a lift to Wall Street, while a rebound in new home sales exceeded expectations in March.

Although prices were lower on Friday, underlying factors such as safe-haven inflows due to the pandemic, the likelihood of rising inflation, lower interest rates for longer and supportive technicals make the case for holding gold, said Michael Matousek, head trader at U.S. Global Investors.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kitco Shows Palladium broke $3000 yesterday for a time, new ATH!

I think this thread needs more Pics so I'll just drop this here....

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

I agree!! Value of these went up, not much though on Eagles considering the existing premium.

• Options

Panda Pd Love:

• Options

Ummmm. $3000 is a nice round Pd number.

• Options

Got Pd?!
    Show it off.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Got Pd?!
    Show it off.

Ask and you shall receive...

1oz Engelhard Palladium in Assay card

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

From CNBC today:
    Palladium soared to a record high on Tuesday on worries over short supplies of the metal used in emissions controlling devices in automobiles, while gold fell 1% after U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said interest rates may need to rise.

Spot palladium eased 0.2% to $2,965.35 per ounce by 12:32 p.m. EDT (1632 GMT), after hitting an all-time high of $3,017.18.

“There are stricter pollution controls globally that we’ve not seen in the past, which means vehicles that were not previously required to use auto-catalysts will now have to, and hence more demand,” said Bart Melek, head of commodity strategies at TD Securities.

“For the foreseeable future, the market will be in physical deficit and prices will go higher,” he added.

Concerns about supply shortages were exacerbated after top producer Nornickel announced disruptions at two mines due to flooding.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody see this?? Palladium is off the charts lately.

• Options

I am so, so, so glad that I started my palladium purchases back in 2017 for the Eagles!

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

I started in 2005... a lot of the 1/10 Northwest Territorial Mint.