Home Sports Talk

Cool Down

AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

There has been some angst on this board and it is coming out in ugly comments. I've had to delete several posts and threads recently, here and on sports card sections. You guys know the rules. Politics are not welcome here, stated blatantly or veiled behind comments about particular athletes. There have been some posts that border on truly offensive. We are here to talk sports and cards, not debate current social and political situations. Please keep it that way.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

Comments

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Understood.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems you missed the Andy Dalton thread. Pretty sure @galaxy27 is still crying.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:

I think that is a synchronized swimming athlete. 😉

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan One of the things I like is that you are proactive. Meaning you nip things in the bud before guys are banned. Truth be told , that is something that can actually negatively affect the forum. This is just my opinion, and I understand that others may disagree.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    @AFLfan One of the things I like is that you are proactive. Meaning you nip things in the bud before guys are banned. Truth be told , that is something that can actually negatively affect the forum. This is just my opinion, and I understand that others may disagree.

Why would anyone disagree with that? Nothing good comes from guys being banned although I understand it needs to to be done from time to time.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

Why would anyone disagree with that? Nothing good comes from guys being banned although I understand it needs to to be done from time to time.

I guess what I was implying is that some people who post here might wish for others to be banned. I am not sure. I was just leaving that out there....

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

I guess what I was implying is that some people who post here might wish for others to be banned. I am not sure. I was just leaving that out there....

Ahh ok. Well either way there is only one sheriff in town 😅

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2021 12:27PM

@stevek said:

@Goldenage said:

I think that is a synchronized swimming athlete. 😉

There were much nicer pictures of cooling down on the internet.
    Some involved cooling down with white t-shirts.
    I decided not to post them or I would have given AFL fan some march madness,
    and most likely directed exactly at me !!!

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could not agree more...glad you nuked the thread!