Andy Dalton to the Bears

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 16, 2021 2:32PM in Sports Talk

A Galaxy dream come true

I think one year 10 million

And just when you didn't think Galaxy's sports life couldn't get any better

Tyrod Taylor to the Houston Texans.

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

And if Dalton stinks it up, galaxy will be calling Dalton names....

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

screw it i dont care anymore

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Dalton has a nice, successful run with the Bears. I will not define successful, nor will I define run. But I will go back to this comment and use it as proof of my NFL know-how if at all possible in the future.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    screw it i dont care anymore

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dalton just won’t go away

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t know why all the dislike for Dalton. I would have liked him as a back up in Buffalo.
    Poor Tyrod Taylor. His whole career he can’t catch a break. I don’t care for him as a QB but from all reports he’s a great person and teammate.
    Buffalo drafts Allen and he’s off to Cleveland as a starter. Gets hurt and Mayfield is the new starter.
    Off to the Chargers as a starter and the doctors puncture a long and Herbert takes the reins.
    Now back as a backup, for now, in Houston.
    Why was I glad to see him go in Buffalo.
    1. 19 TD’s with Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods. Terrible
    2. His favorite play on 3 and 9 was a 3 yard scramble.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ginger Power!!

@2dueces said:
    Don’t know why all the dislike for Dalton. I would have liked him as a back up in Buffalo.
    Poor Tyrod Taylor. His whole career he can’t catch a break. I don’t care for him as a QB but from all reports he’s a great person and teammate.
    Buffalo drafts Allen and he’s off to Cleveland as a starter. Gets hurt and Mayfield is the new starter.
    Off to the Chargers as a starter and the doctors puncture a long and Herbert takes the reins.

Tell me one thing Dalton has done in his entire career? What’s there to like about the guy from a performance standpoint?

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

I think the problem is he won't be the back up in Chicago

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

Tell me one thing Dalton has done in his entire career? What’s there to like about the guy from a performance standpoint?

I am not going to try to sell you on Dalton, and I don't know if it is possible. When the Cowboys signed him as a backup, I considered it a good move. Because I thought he was a guy who possibly could still lead a team, especially with a change of scenery, and I figured that he would try to excel in any opportunity so as to possibly get another chance as a starter.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

I am not going to try to sell you on Dalton, and I don't know if it is possible. When the Cowboys signed him as a backup, I considered it a good move. Because I thought he was a guy who possibly could still lead a team, especially with a change of scenery, and I figured that he would try to excel in any opportunity so as to possibly get another chance as a starter.

I did also but he took over a offense that Dak was setting records with and made it look pedestrian. Yes, he was banged up himself but when he was healthy he was no bueno. I think after all these years he still has issues reading defenses post snap

m

@Justacommeman said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

I did also but he took over a offense that Dak was setting records with and made it look pedestrian. Yes, he was banged up himself but when he was healthy he was no bueno. I think after all these years he still has issues reading defenses post snap

m

I agree that he did not showcase himself very well last year.

@Justacommeman said:

m

correct. he's gonna be the guy, and i don't want him to be the guy. all we've had are guys like Andy Dalton since i've been a Bears fan. no one can muck up that position quite like we can. all joking aside, it really is depressing. all of the NE fans on here who have had Tom Brady to look forward to for 20 years have no idea what it's like. i was truly hoping we'd throw the kitchen sink at the Texans to get Watson. for the first time ever, i would have been beside myself heading into a season. when i caught wind of us signing Dalton i honestly felt like puking, because it's just more of the same.

@galaxy27 said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

correct. he's gonna be the guy, and i don't want him to be the guy. all we've had are guys like Andy Dalton since i've been a Bears fan. no one can muck up that position quite like we can. all joking aside, it really is depressing. all of the NE fans on here who have had Tom Brady to look forward to for 20 years have no idea what it's like. i was truly hoping we'd throw the kitchen sink at the Texans to get Watson. for the first time ever, i would have been beside myself heading into a season. when i caught wind of us signing Dalton i honestly felt like puking, because it's just more of the same.

They made a strong play for Wilson I read. 3 first rounders, 2 Starters ( not named ) and a random 3rd I think. The problem was they have the #20 pick and with Wilson there the next few years their first rounders would probably be in the 20 range as well. Sucks for Bears fans,

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

They made a strong play for Wilson I read. 3 first rounders, 2 Starters ( not named ) and a random 3rd I think. The problem was they have the #20 pick and with Wilson there the next few years their first rounders would probably be in the 20 range as well. Sucks for Bears fans,

Thank the Lord they didn't get Wilson. Hats off to them for making a strong bid. Their defense is still pretty good and with Russell leading them, it would have looked bad for my Vikings.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
    edited March 18, 2021 2:41AM

i was not keen on the Bears mortgaging the future for Wilson. he's turning 33 this year and did not look good in the last half of last season. the most he threw for in the last 8 reg season games was 263. guys throw for 300 in their sleep in today's NFL. and he was downright awful in the playoff game against the Rams.

Watson, 25, was the guy i wanted. but i never get what i want when it comes to the QB position for the Bears. instead of a young stud i get a guy who didn't do jack as a starter, is turning into a journeyman, was a backup last year.............so that means my hopeless and incompetent team pays him off to come start for us. the Bears' brass is a disgrace

and on top of that i have to listen to bronco say 1000 times that my team has a ginger quarterback. hell he's not even ginger he's pumpkin orange :s

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 - at least you didn't grow up with the Spanos family and the Chargers. They basically forced Dan Fouts into retirement, then squandered Stan Humphries, the last years of Doug Flutie, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers before leaving for Los Angeles and drafting Justin Herbert, whom they will ultimately ruin just like the others.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

@AFLfan said:
    @galaxy27 - at least you didn't grow up with the Spanos family and the Chargers. They basically forced Dan Fouts into retirement, then squandered Stan Humphries, the last years of Doug Flutie, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers before leaving for Los Angeles and drafting Justin Herbert, whom they will ultimately ruin just like the others.

Uhhk that is rough but the one positive thing is Hubert might be too good for SD to ruin lol

edited March 18, 2021 12:41PM

@perkdog said:

@AFLfan said:

Uhhk that is rough but the one positive thing is Hubert might be too good for LA to ruin lol ;-)

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

@AFLfan said:

@perkdog said:

@AFLfan said:

Uhhk that is rough but the one positive thing is Hubert might be too good for LA to ruin lol ;-)

Ooops lol

edited March 18, 2021 12:44PM

@AFLfan said:

i have had a question for years but never knew the answer, and you may very well be the man for the job. who was to blame for John Jefferson being dealt to Green Bay in 1981? i vaguely remember a contract dispute, but what's not vague is how good he was. he was like an acrobat at wide receiver. 1979 was the year i started eviscerating football packs, and even though i became a Bears fan that year, i always wanted to pull JJ's card.

was always curious about that, because the Air Coryell Chargers were loads of fun to watch. next thing i knew, the nucleus had disbanded

Yep. JJ was absolutely incredible. He was like a superhero in San Diego at the time.

Basically, JJ signed signed a series of eight single-year contracts that would have kept him a Charger through 1985. It was a poor set up that was orchestrated by his agent. JJ eventually fired the agent and when the new one pushed long and hard to renegotiate, the Chargers owner (Gene Klein) got tired of it and traded him to Green Bay. Supposedly Klein had told JJ that he would not be happy with his original contracts in the long term and tried to convince him of another plan, stating that early on that if these contracts were signed, Klein would not renegotiate later. JJ swore he wanted them as-is.

That's the official story. What actually happened is probably somewhat close to what was reported, depending on who is telling the story. ;-)

edited March 18, 2021 1:17PM

@AFLfan said:
    Yep. JJ was absolutely incredible. He was like a superhero in San Diego at the time.

Basically, JJ signed signed a series of eight single-year contracts that would have kept him a Charger through 1985. It was a poor set up that was orchestrated by his agent. JJ eventually fired the agent and when the new one pushed long and hard to renegotiate, the Chargers owner (Gene Klein) got tired of it and traded him to Green Bay. Supposedly Klein had told JJ that he would not be happy with his original contracts in the long term and tried to convince him of another plan, stating that early on that if these contracts were signed, Klein would not renegotiate later. JJ swore he wanted them as-is.

That's the official story. What actually happened is probably somewhat close to what was reported, depending on who is telling the story. ;-)

it was even more intricate than i ever imagined. you were indeed the one to ask. that was outstanding, thank you.

for those who didn't see him play, he was easily one of the best wideouts in the league. just looked up his stats -- 36 touchdowns in 3 seasons with SD

this clip is lengthy, but go to :32. that catch is a prime example of what i remember. dude was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGBWv6q7O1Q

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bills signed Trubisky to a one year deal. Great pick up for the Bills. With Allen’s style of play he’s only one play from being a starter. Hopefully a change of scenery will be just what the doctor ordered for the #2 overall pick in 2017. I think it’s a bargain for Buffalo.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:
    The Bills signed Trubisky to a one year deal. Great pick up for the Bills. With Allen’s style of play he’s only one play from being a starter. Hopefully a change of scenery will be just what the doctor ordered for the #2 overall pick in 2017. I think it’s a bargain for Buffalo.

They probably signed him to keep him away from the Pats

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i was not keen on the Bears mortgaging the future for Wilson. he's turning 33 this year and did not look good in the last half of last season. the most he threw for in the last 8 reg season games was 263. guys throw for 300 in their sleep in today's NFL. and he was downright awful in the playoff game against the Rams.

Watson, 25, was the guy i wanted. but i never get what i want when it comes to the QB position for the Bears. instead of a young stud i get a guy who didn't do jack as a starter, is turning into a journeyman, was a backup last year.............so that means my hopeless and incompetent team pays him off to come start for us. the Bears' brass is a disgrace

and on top of that i have to listen to bronco say 1000 times that my team has a ginger quarterback. hell he's not even ginger he's pumpkin orange :s

Don't worry, help is on the way in about 2051.
    In 1983 the Chiefs drafted their franchise QB Todd Blackledge.
    Only to find out he wasn't their franchise QB and they could have drafted Dan Marino.
    So 34 years later they corrected that mistake and drafted their franchise QB Patrick Mahomes.

In 2017 the Bears drafted their franchise QB Mitch Trubisky.
    Only to find out he wasn't their franchise QB and they could have drafted Patrick Mahomes.
    So 34 years later they will correct that mistake and draft their franchise QB, someone who isn't born yet.
    So please just show a little patience like I did! >:)

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Andy Dalton summed up...........................perhaps 5-6 years ago when the Bengals were in the midst of their "can't seem to win a play-off game years" and superior to the Browns in most ways they hosted Cleveland in Cincy on TNF. the Browns thumped 'em 24-3 and the talk was about Dalton who was being hyped as the RED RIFLE by the media.

Browns DB's quickly dubbed him as more like a Red Ryder BB Gun!!