Home Precious Metals
Options

FedEx theft

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

Date:3/11/2021
Offense: Fedex Theft
Location of offense: VA to Dallas
Investigating Agency: Fedex

A FedEx package being shipped from VA to Dallas, TX arrived with the contents missing. It is believed the metals are still in the Virginia area.

The package contained the following:
5 - One-ounce American gold Buffalo
1 x 10oz gold Credit Suisse bar
200 x 1 oz silver Maple Leaf coins
Anyone with information contact:
Doug Davis
817-723-7231
Doug@numismaticcrimes.org

Comments

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2021 1:34PM

How many thefts have you had seems like a lot? I don't think I could deal with that amount of stress.

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options

I'm just forwarding the what I get from numismatic crime, not me.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a bummer to hear

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... that is a major PM shipment.... Hope it was adequately insured - which is poor compensation for the loss. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Date:7/2/2021
    Offense: Missing/Stolen
    Investigating Agency: FedEx
    Incident location: RALEIGH, NC AREA

DETAILS:

A package being shipped via FedEx ground to Raleigh, NC has been reported
    missing/stolen. Last known location was Raleigh, NC area.
    The package contained the following:
    1955/55 Double Die Lincoln Cent NGC Graded AU Details #5956390-003
    1843-C Large Date $2.50 NGC Graded Fine Details #5956390-001
    1926-S Buffalo Nickel NGC Graded VF Details # 5956390-004
    1908-S Indian Head Cent - NGC Graded Unc Details #5956390-006
    1937-D XF45 NGC 3 Legged Buffalo Nickel #5956390-005
    Raw Coins:
    1843 D $2.5 Had Glue Residue - Weird Staining on the front over date VF/XF Details
    4 - Jewelry Grade $2.50 Liberty/Indians
    1880/76 25c California Gold - AU Details - Bent
    1853 50c California Gold - XF Details - Rim Damage
    1900 Layfette Dollar - XF/AU Cleaned in a black capital plastic holder
    1938-D BU Buffalo Nickel in Round Air Tite
    Proof Jefferson Nickels in 2x2’s 1962 x 2 , 1969-S
    1835 Bust Half - Fine
    1853-O Half Dime - G Damaged
    1869 Indian Head Cent
    Cleaned XF/AU 1831/1832 Bust Half Dollar
    1863 Indian Head Cent F
    1939 or 1938 Jefferson Nickel in BU
    1875 Indian Head Cent
    2 - Fantasy Wells Fargo Silver Bars
    Hawaiian Dime/Quarter/Half Dollar Watch Fob

Anyone with information contact:
    Doug Davis
    817-723-7231
    Doug@numismaticcrimes.org

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2021 9:38AM

With that kind of large gold involved I’m pretty sure registered mail would be in order. Just a thought.

I’m sorry for your loss. I hate thieves with a passion.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

Not mine; just reprinting Doug Davis' broadcast in hopes that if these coins show up in a shop they will get noticed as hot.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Private insurer might have required FEDEX.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, you seem to have bad luck with all the carriers. I'd suspect someone local must know what you are shipping. Perhaps time to start transacting only in person? Or at least change your shipping locations. Hope you recover it.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Wow, you seem to have bad luck with all the carriers. I'd suspect someone local must know what you are shipping. Perhaps time to start transacting only in person? Or at least change your shipping locations. Hope you recover it.

I'm just broadcasting Doug Davis' information on missing/stolen parcels in the hope that potential buyers will report hot items to law enforcement.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:

@blitzdude said:

I'm just broadcasting Doug Davis' information on missing/stolen parcels in the hope that potential buyers will report hot items to law enforcement.

12 posts to the thread and three of them are you explaining you are just sharing the theft info. Perfect example of someone knowing everything about the thread with out even reading it.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very disheartening to read about these thefts, especially from Fed-X since I always thought they were one of the most secure freight carriers. That said I recently read about a shipment of gold bars. It was a large shipment and the thieves only stole four bars out of the shipment. Why four I don't know. Did they think no one would miss "just" four?

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options

@derryb said:

@logger7 said:

@blitzdude said:

12 posts to the thread and three of them are you explaining you are just sharing the theft info. Perfect example of someone knowing everything about the thread with out even reading it.

Those are simply by way of clarification; I guess I could have ignored the misunderstanding. I thought it was clear that Doug Davis of NCIC was sending out the broadcasts, a few thought it might be the same person getting robbed which would defy logic.

It would be good to have a lost/stolen coin forum section to crosscheck for pawn shops and dealer shops, etc..

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

The thief will not go unpunished.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    Thieves will not go unpunished.

Minor adjustment and clarification.

• Options
    PurpleEchoPurpleEcho Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

Logger, I think derryb's comment was his way of 'rolling his eyes' at your need to repeatedly clarify... he's poking some fun at the guys that don't read the whole thing.

AKA Pakasmom

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang logger 7. You loose a lot of stuff 🤑

Martin

• Options

@Martin said:
    Dang logger 7. You loose a lot of stuff 🤑

Martin

What I regret most is losing a top notch mind that the internet is turning to mush... :'(