Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

35th Anniversary of PCGS Grading - Calling for your help locating just three Rattler Morgan's?

Hello Fellow coin enthusiasts - I have been asked by a fellow collector to help him complete an unbelievable full set of Morgan Silver dollars housed in PCGS First Generation "Rattler" holders - He is only missing 3 coins and I am hoping all of you can help me find them so He can complete the entire 105 coin set - He is missing an 1897-O, an 1889-CC and the 1895-O doesn't matter the grade - he even has 80 or so duplicates on the same coins in PL and in DMPL - super crazy and cool. The set has been assembled literally over the past 35 years starting with his Father who has since past. Please reach out to me with any leads to track these down - we need you help - here are some images we have found through the archives that may prove these coins still exist in their rattler holders.

Message us or email us cbtazman@realamericantreasure.com or call us 805-971-9097
Thanks in Advance for Joining the HUNT
Christopher Bryan
Real American Treasure
realamericantreasure.com

Join The Hunt and Spread the word!
Real American Treasure
cbtazman@realamericantreasure.com

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• Options
    cbtazmancbtazman Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

Thank you - I know it's going to take a village :)

Real American Treasure
  • Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

These come up from time-to-time. They are available, but scarce.
    I suggest that you check regularly with GC, Heritage & Stacks, and (of course) ebay.

I will keep an eye open.
    Morgans, Peace & Commemoratives are probably the only sets that can be easily completed in rattlers.
    This is a doable set.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a holder collector but does this coin qualify?
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

Hi Jim - very close this is actually a fairly early Old Green Holder - most likely a Gen 3.0 Holder - fantastic coin and we love the green CAC sticker. Thank you for you showing it to me and for clicking on the post - It's going to take a village to find any of these three coins in the gen 1.2 holder - like this 97-O.

Real American Treasure
  • Options

Thanks for the tips and encouragement #kindanewish!

Real American Treasure
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun with the chase 🙂

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck in your search. I am pretty sure I do not have those, but will check my coin cabinet just to be certain. Twenty five/thirty years ago I was picking up slabbed Morgans randomly when at shows if they had a nice look and a reasonable price. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file