Home U.S. Coin Forum

Any treasures here wheat pennies

My eyes see value here but I’m usually off. If you don’t mind i need the experts opinion on this one. My apologies but I’m only two months into coin collecting

Comments

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are worth at least a little bit more than face value, but not a lot. The Lincoln’s would look good in an album.

Mr_Spud

• JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

3-5 cents each

Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Variety vista would help you determine any double dies or mint mark varieties.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

First welcome aboard.
    You have many experts on this site to get accurate and precise answers.
    As suggested by @Mr_Spud
    buy an album and start a circulate wheat cent collection.
    :)

Kennedys are my quest...

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRocco said:
    3-5 cents each

In other words, they are not worth bothering with since the selling cost would exceed the amount you could realize.

All glory is fleeting.
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard, I like your photo skills

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to say that you have nothing that has much value over face value, great for a circ album but really not much else.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2021 12:53PM

You should consider purchasing a copy of "A Guide Book of United States Coins" by RS Yoeman, published by Whitman (commonly called the Redbook). It's updated every year. The absolute values (retail values) aren't always accurate but it's very easy to get an idea which dates are common and which dates are worth keeping. It also has a very basic grading guide, specs, like weights, compositions, mintages, mm locations, etc. Well worth the $10-$15 cost

FWIW: With this book, you could have looked up all these coins in less time than it took to take pics, crop, save, and post

Member of the ANA since 1982

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file