Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What excites you - coin wise

2»

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu
    that is a nice example of empty field :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

@trueblood said:
    Anything super rare and old and in great condition numismatically speaking

I had this sentiment during the first few years I would see coins on the web that I didn't know existed in high quality. Now I know it isn't unusual, a noticebale majority of coins are common, and the majority of coins worth "noticeable" money aren't that hard to buy either. Most are available from right now (or at any time) to at most a few months, unless narrow (and arbitrary) criteria is applied.

• Options
    edited March 2, 2021 1:00PM

@Zoins said:

@WCC said:
    Almost nothing now. About the only thing that does is when an unexpected coin from my series comes up for sale that I want to buy.

Do you like not being excited?

I'm excited almost all the time, at least once a week, sometimes several times.

I'm not sure what's better.

It's not a matter of liking it. It's that what I read here is nothing out of the ordinary to me.

I'm not rich (far from it) but I have the money to buy most any coin (not all) I want to buy, if I want it badly enough. I can also probably buy at least 95% of all coins (at minimum) either right now or within a few months at most because most coins are so easy to buy, except when narrow (and arbitrary) criteria is applied.

I understand others sentiments here and not knocking it. I just don't think the same way.

• Options

@Kurisu
    That is a very nice example of an empty field :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    mtnmanmtnman Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Liberty Seated coins. Especially the quarters. I thinks this series is the most undervalued American coin. Not that I would ever sell one. I’m thinking about taking them with me.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Territorial gold is exciting to me. :)

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WCC said:

@Zoins said:

@WCC said:
    Almost nothing now. About the only thing that does is when an unexpected coin from my series comes up for sale that I want to buy.

.... I understand others sentiments here and not knocking it. I just don't think drink the same way.

There, I fixed it for you! :D;)

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options

I'll give you one dollar for that dollar @asheland :)

Just leave it in the 'bridge' box :D

• Options

As an 'outdoors' person, this would be exciting [in my younger years !!]
    ** :) post another exciting coin - add pics if you like :) **
    https://youtu.be/fTiAhDgAW-8

** :) post another exciting coin - add pics if you like :) **

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on the same page as @jesbroken

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:
    This coin from my collection excites me, especially considering it was cherrypicked as a business strike. PCGS PR65.

Good Picken's my friend! ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was happy, Joey!

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not so much the coin, but where you spend it at....

Ken
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still get a little thrill out of ‘the hunt’.
    I’m with Meltdown in the process of completing album projects- that Walker they presented is looking very much like my work in progress! I recently bought a volume of Walking Halfs to dig through to that end.
    If I find anything really exceptional in there, that could light me up!

A great cherry pick or circulation/roll find would brighten me up.
    As far as getting really excited?
    Nice pre 1810 US coins, beautiful Ancient Greek coins. Those do something for me!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options

@Catbert said:

@WCC said:

@Zoins said:

@WCC said:

.... I understand others sentiments here and not knocking it. I just don't think drink the same way.

There, I fixed it for you! :D;)

Ok, so there are a few coins where the prospect of owning it might be exciting. Here is one but unfortunately, if I intend to retire, that's why I did not try to buy it.

https://coins.ha.com/itm/mexico/world-coins/mexico-philip-v-4-reales-1732-mo-au58-ngc-/a/3048-31077.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

• Options

The gold to silver ratio when it is under 40:1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file