Home Precious Metals
Options

No more regular as we are familiar with -- ebay bucks

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 1, 2021 9:29AM in Precious Metals

Hello xxxx

Thank you for being a Bucks member, and a valuable part of our eBay community. We’re reaching out to tell you about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks program.

After careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases starting April 1st, 2021.

Even though these rewards are coming to an end, you can still enjoy major savings on unique products and daily deals on the brands you love.

You can also earn extra rewards through the eBay Mastercard®, earning up to 5x points on eBay purchases.‡ Now through March 11th, 2021, open a new eBay Mastercard, spend $250 in the first 30 days and receive a $50 statement credit.* Click here to learn more.

We hope you’ll keep checking back in for all the exciting finds you’ve come to expect on eBay: from the rare to the retro to the right now.

Sincerely,

The eBay Bucks Team

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2021 8:11AM

They are referring to the normal 1% that did not apply to the bullion category. Note that they will still be offering ebay BONUS bucks and that bonus bux will have a new, 12 month redemption period. Not sure how the new redemption period will affect the old limit of $500 bux that have been earned.

The message I received has more detail (in bold) and could be because OPA may not be eligible for bonus bux:

Thank you for being a Bucks member, and a valuable part of our eBay community. We’re reaching out to tell you about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks program.

After careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases starting April 1st, 2021. The good news is, you will continue to receive bonus Bucks offers, so you can keep earning.

And, beginning April 1st, the Bucks you earn will have a 12-month redemption window, so there’s even more time to score those big savings.

You can also earn extra rewards through the eBay Mastercard®, earning up to 5x points on eBay purchases.‡ Now through March 11th, 2021, open a new eBay Mastercard, spend $250 in the first 30 days and receive a $50 statement credit.* Click here to learn more.

We hope you will continue to enjoy savings and deals on the brands you love. Plus, all the exciting finds you’ve come to expect on eBay: from the rare to the retro to the right now.

Sincerely,

The eBay Bucks Team

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

I thought when eBay started charging taxes on bullion purchases this removed any perceived discount eBay bucks may provided?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2021 8:22AM

Bullion has not been and is not eligible for ebay bux, both normal or bonus. OP should probably change thread title to "No more regular ebay bucks.'

Latest, in depth ebay bucks details

Note that self enrollment in the Ebay Bucks program is currently closed.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

Went in a unsubscribed from all promo emails from eBay. Since my email didn't mention I would be eligible for bonus bucks, there is no reason to receive the 20 daily messages...

• Options
    edited March 1, 2021 8:23AM

@taxmad said:
    Went in a unsubscribed from all promo emails from eBay. Since my email didn't mention I would be eligible for bonus bucks, there is no reason to receive the 20 daily messages...

Won't such action remove you from receiving bonus buck offers?

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@taxmad said:

Based on the message eBay removed me from that already...

• Options

@taxmad said:

@derryb said:

@taxmad said:

Based on the message eBay removed me from that already...

Not aware/don't believe that ebay is unregistering people signed up for ebay bucks. Did you check your status in communication preferences?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2021 2:38PM

@carew4me said:
    I thought when eBay started charging taxes on bullion purchases this removed any perceived discount eBay bucks may provided?

No bullion or coin taxes in The Commonwealth. God bless The Commonwealth!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    silversirensilversiren Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Ebay has yet to get sales tax right, at least not for buyers in Michigan. I would get charged tax sometimes, other times not, and when I complained they were quick to offer me a coupon code that wouldn't work for bullion LOL Ebay has lost so much business, I guess they're doing just fine and dandy anyway? :D

• Options

@silversiren said:
    Ebay has yet to get sales tax right, at least not for buyers in Michigan. I would get charged tax sometimes, other times not, and when I complained they were quick to offer me a coupon code that wouldn't work for bullion LOL Ebay has lost so much business, I guess they're doing just fine and dandy anyway? :D

a lot of the sales tax issues concerning bullion/coins are due to the item being listed in the wrong category. Not ebay's fault.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

on January 25th they had a 8 percent e bucks promo, took advantage of that one

• Options
    silversirensilversiren Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@silversiren said:

a lot of the sales tax issues concerning bullion/coins are due to the item being listed in the wrong category. Not ebay's fault.

I took category into account when I made the purchases in question. In my cases, the only category used in the listings was "Coins & Paper Money>Bullion>Silver>Silver Bullion Bars & Rounds" There were even similar listings from the same seller that had the discrepancy; some of their listings added Michigan sales tax, while others didn't, so yes It was very much ebay's fault, and I gave up on them ever correcting the issue a while ago.

• Options
    edited March 2, 2021 2:06PM

@silversiren said:

@derryb said:

@silversiren said:

I took category into account when I made the purchases in question. In my cases, the only category used in the listings was "Coins & Paper Money>Bullion>Silver>Silver Bullion Bars & Rounds" There were even similar listings from the same seller that had the discrepancy; some of their listings added Michigan sales tax, while others didn't, so yes It was very much ebay's fault, and I gave up on them ever correcting the issue a while ago.

obviously your example does not fall into "a lot of sales tax issues" that are the result of wrong category.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2021 6:45PM

I can't see where it says that coins or bullion is not taxable in Michigan, In my books, they are tangible items.

Tangible products are taxable in Michigan, with a few exceptions. These exceptions include vehicles sold to relatives, some industrial machinery, and some equipment used in agriculture.

So if you sell toys, then charge sales tax to your Michigan customers.

But if you’re a graphic designer, don’t charge sales tax to your Michigan customers.

If you have sales tax nexus in Michigan and your products are taxable, your next step is to register for a sales tax permit.

https://www.taxjar.com/states/michigan-sales-tax-online/#do-you-have-sales-tax-nexus-in-michigan

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

5% Bucks are in bloom
    Prep for warmer weather with big rewards.
    Activate now ➔
    Ends 3/5, 1​1:​5​9​p​m PT. See details.

5% on one account this morning, 0 on the others. Party time!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Promotion starts at 4:00AM PT on March 3rd, 2021 and ends at 11:59PM PT on March 5th, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion applies to any qualifying items purchased during the Promotion Period that meet the minimum purchase requirement. You must activate the offer to qualify.

*Qualifying items exclude all items in the following categories: Classifieds; Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category; Real Estate; Gift Cards & Coupons, including eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category; Bullion within the Coins & Paper category; and all categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories.

Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. See eBay Bucks Terms & Conditions for other program restrictions. Purchases must be completed during the Promotion Period and paid for before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time.