Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Melville Long Island show report

ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

We arrived at the show at about 8 am to set up. For everyone wondering there is a mandatory mask and temp check. And the guy who runs the show is watching things to make sure everyone was wearing them correctly. It was a light day for the dealer's many did not show up etc. Bullion sales were moving as i overheard a dealer say hes selling 1 ounce gold eagles for 1900!! But in the numismatic part it was slimmer pickings i felt. Most of the dealers said inventory is super slim these days with everything drying up. They also mentioned how crazy Great collections has been any you can throw away any price guide right out window. I wasn't able to find any MS66 walkers for my short set but did pick up 2 buffalo nickels.

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your report. Confirms what I have been hearing about the difficulty of finding really nice collector coins.

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Started a thread earlier today when I returned from my first show since COVID hit us. Detroit Redford show was very well attended by visitors and dealers alike, Nice to see the cloud is lifting in NY as well. Congrats on your pickup. I grabbed a nice 1853 gold $1 and a couple clean silver proof Ikes.

Mark

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great, another show report! Thanks for your report. Things are slowly opening up.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, Melville is back.

I stopped by the last show to see Ed Duran.

Other than that I was in & out.

Nothing much there.

But, perhaps next time, I got my two shots.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report.

Re: Photo #2 -- I truly believe that the USPS would be in the black if they didn't have to supply the entire country with plastic tubs for moving, storage, etc. (and yes, I'm guilty at times myself).

• Options
    ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    Thanks for your report. Confirms what I have been hearing about the difficulty of finding really nice collector coins.

It is getting extra scare. I was on the look out for PL or DMPLS couple of wheaties in 67 and the walkers and nothing. 10 years ago dealers had plenty of it and couldn't give it away but hey the buffalos made my day!!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the show reports.... Nice to see shows happening again. Looks like the gun shows this year, but not as many people.... The gun shows have been packed. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file