Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe it is.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the most difficult, but definitely the priciest.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭✭

The Contenders Championship ticket #/100 and autographed is his most valuable rookie. A BGS 9 sold for $400,000 a couple years ago and would undoubtedly go for well over a million dollars if not several million now.

Unfortunately, since I never saw the PSA 9 championship ticket RC up for sale, I failed to buy a PSA 8 version (it was pop 1 in PSA 9). Leaves a pretty glaring hole in my Brady RC collection but one that will never be filled.

As for most difficult that is a tough question. It took a lot longer to find some of his other rookie cards in PSA 9 than a Contenders auto RC for me. I think there are quite a few of the Contenders autos out there and for an unnumbered card I think the Contenders auto RC is the hardest to find. But he has many low numbered rookie cards that rarely come up for sale and IMO are more difficult to locate in high grade.

Robb

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

When I joined eBay in 2009 his contenders psa 10 was a $2,500 card

Amazing to see where it is now!

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:
    The Contenders Championship ticket #/100 and autographed is his most valuable rookie. A BGS 9 sold for $400,000 a couple years ago and would undoubtedly go for well over a million dollars if not several million now.

Unfortunately, since I never saw the PSA 9 championship ticket RC up for sale, I failed to buy a PSA 8 version (it was pop 1 in PSA 9). Leaves a pretty glaring hole in my Brady RC collection but one that will never be filled.

As for most difficult that is a tough question. It took a lot longer to find some of his other rookie cards in PSA 9 than a Contenders auto RC for me. I think there are quite a few of the Contenders autos out there and for an unnumbered card I think the Contenders auto RC is the hardest to find. But he has many low numbered rookie cards that rarely come up for sale and IMO are more difficult to locate in high grade.

Robb

Do you think they ever made it to circulation ?

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:

@fergie23 said:

Robb

Do you think they ever made it to circulation ?

@UFFDAH has some Brady RCs with print runs around 25 I believe.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe his rarest non-parallel rookie is the Pacific Revolution. that one is numbered to 300

I suppose that would be his most difficult

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.