Home U.S. Coin Forum

Some nice material coming up in the Kagin's sale, including pre-order form for Kagin's updated book!

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 28, 2021 7:03AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Don always has very creative cataloging, including the cover.

Besides great gold coins (Bechtler, Dahlonega, California Fractional) there are quite a few esoteric pieces.

Check it out!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Page 15 - new private gold coinage book coming this summer written by Don and David. Giddyup.

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep - can't wait to see that book. Enjoyed the 1st edition but it really needed color illustrations.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a book I will watch for.... I love gold coins and these books are great references. Cheers, RickO

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    Yep - can't wait to see that book. Enjoyed the 1st edition but it really needed color illustrations.

My understanding is that it is not a update of the previous book, but more of a coffee table book. I'll bet it will be spectacular though!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

lots of eye candy in that catalog...

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:

@Zoins said:
    At least the lots are on the website now for better searching.

I'm not a big fan of the fancy navigation in their online catalog. I wish they'd just give you a searchable PDF.

It’s a disaster at least for me to search their online catalog.

It's about as cumbersome as it could possibly be. :/

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Andy - I was thinking it was the long awaited second edition of Don's book, updated and in color.

• savitalesavitale Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2021 10:00PM

@skier07 said:

@Zoins said:
    At least the lots are on the website now for better searching.

I'm not a big fan of the fancy navigation in their online catalog. I wish they'd just give you a searchable PDF.

It’s a disaster at least for me to search their online catalog.

The virtual flip catalog can't be used on phones which is problematic for me

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2021 3:12AM

I'm working through the catalog and there sure are some neat items. I like these:

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will keep an eye open for it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file