Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CAC Sub Results - 11/11, 3 gold.

DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 27, 2021 6:02AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I was worried about how good my eye would be, pivoting from collecting mostly Morgans and stuff with eye appeal, to a focus on US Type. Apparently my concerns were overblown.

I could not wait until they got back so I used my masterful image editing skillz to create this.

Higher resolution direct link; https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/es/ic4clcjz5ztf.png

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

Comments

• Options

I figure I should add what I had expected... I will offer that in picture form as well since I am so good at editing.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow nice results. Always nice to have a surprise like that.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great eye, and I’m guessing that choosing solid coins in old holders helped the odds as well.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

@Walkerguy21D said:
    Great eye, and I’m guessing that choosing solid coins in old holders helped the odds as well.

Quite possible. But the trick is finding the ones that haven't already been to CAC.

• Options
    TheMayorTheMayor Posts: 221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins! I'd love to get a closer look at that Barber Dime and Liberty Nickel.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang!! Good eye!!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for you!

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good eye. It pays to be choosy.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

You must have been very discriminating with purchasing; they are all older holders, cac had never seen these before so not really surprised. One risk was the copper nickel coins that can turn in the holder. I wonder what happens when cac stickers a cent, etc. that later develops spots?

• Options

@logger7 said:
    You must have been very discriminating with purchasing; they are all older holders, cac had never seen these before so not really surprised. One risk was the copper nickel coins that can turn in the holder. I wonder what happens when cac stickers a cent, etc. that later develops spots?

Wouldn't say discriminating, more opportunistic. I'm submitting every other month right now.

RE Copper, I'm not sure what they do, but I could see it being a not terrible idea to buy the coin back, peel the cac sticker off, and chuck it back to the market? Who knows.

• Options
    ilmcoinsilmcoins Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭

Great work!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file