Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Website Issue

Anyone having issues connecting to psacard.com?

Comments

• Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

Yep, getting this message as it tries to access the page: "Checking your browser before accessing psacard.com."

and then: "414 Request-URI Too Large" once it finally gives up

• Same....message from Cloudflare

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2021 12:24PM

Yeah, I've never seen it appending this to the URI before "?cf_chl_jschl_tk='really long hex string'". Guessing he's aware already, since there have been several changes already today, but tagging @twhitmeyer just in case.

• Yes. This has been an intermittent problem over the past couple of weeks. On many days, it makes the website virtually unusable for me. VERY frustrating!! @twhitmeyer please help resolve this problem.

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the bright side, it should help with the backlog.

Too soon?

Arthur

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

I can't access it from my PC but I can with my phone... eventually.

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

This does not bode well for My OCD

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2021 5:06PM

@rexvos said:

Me neither. I'm not going to lie. Having 12 orders at PSA with THOUSANDS worth of cards is starting to make me nervous when things like the website stop working.

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman

@76collector said:

@rexvos said:

Me neither. I'm not going to lie. Having around 10 orders at PSA with THOUSANDS worth of cards is starting to make me nervous when things like the website stop working.

Jeff

I live on the edge of insanity with it daily.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to fill out a sub or 2 tomorrow and ship them by Saturday. The website better cooperate!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I knew I could count on you guys to know what was going on, or at the very least validate that I didn't forget how to use the Internet.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• parthur1607parthur1607 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

Clear your browser history. You will have to login again the next time you access the site but at least you will be able to access it.

• jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭

I get 1 lousy day a week to hammer out subs, registry, scans, and update subs in process to a whole bunch of nervous people.

Not too happy right now. :s

Already tossed a 900 dollar card across the room without thinking. Lucky it was inside a newer PSA slab.

I consider the timing of the disruption just highly inconvenient.

@parthur1607 that's doing nothing more than temp working. The minute you try to check anything it goes thru 20 captcha requests.

Good luck @twhitmeyer

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm continually having to complete multiple "captcha" crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To get to the forum, I have to complete at least two "captcha's". Then, if i want to go to the set registry, from the forum, I have to complete two more "captcha's". Go back to the forum?.....two more "captcha's"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the F is going on?

Steve

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

@parthur1607 said:
    Having to do captcha as well. Apparently I don’t know what a f-ing boat or bicycle look like!

Don't you hate when the object you're trying to click on is kinda in an adjacent block but kinda not? LOL

• Can SOMEBODY at PSA weigh-in on this? To say the least, this isn't good for business ( yours or ours).

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Captcha's are crapcha's. I have to enter my inputs 5 times before I get it to accept. It's not like I've never done these before.

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 7:33AM

edit: ahh looks the previous post got deleted

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 4:27AM

I've been unable to get in since yesterday, but I'm now a whiz at "Hey, look! Another f###### boat!" :#

It's even more frustrating now, since Cloudflare doesn't even get to the CAPTCHA screen anymore but stays in an infinite loop with "Please stand by, while we are checking your browser..." I left the stupid comma in there, because that's what the screen says, but it's clearly not needed.

Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer all do exactly the same thing.

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys... I notified IT that people were having trouble with the site yesterday. They were well aware and had already been working on the issue. I don't know enough about the details to state what is going on, but the situation is being addressed. Probably not the answer you all want to hear, but that's all I have for the moment.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobsbbcards said:
    I've been unable to get in since yesterday, but I'm now a whiz at "Hey, look! Another f###### boat!" :#

It's even more frustrating now, since Cloudflare doesn't even get to the CAPTCHA screen anymore but stays in an infinite loop with "Please stand by, while we are checking your browser..." I left the stupid comma in there, because that's what the screen says, but it's clearly not needed.

Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer all do exactly the same thing.

clearing your browsing history worked for me. just make sure you hit the "remember me" button when you log in.

@AFLfan said:
    Hey guys... I notified IT that people were having trouble with the site yesterday. They were well aware and had already been working on the issue. I don't know enough about the details to state what is going on, but the situation is being addressed. Probably not the answer you all want to hear, but that's all I have for the moment.

No, that's actually exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks! I'm willing to wait for anything as long as I know it's in process. :)

To be honest, I sit down next to the Christmas tree on or about 12/26 waiting for next year. My wife has to vacuum around me (she is less than happy that patience is my super power). :*

edited February 26, 2021 5:31AM

@bobsbbcards said:

@AFLfan said:

No, that's actually exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks! I'm willing to wait for anything as long as I know it's in process. :)

To be honest, I sit down next to the Christmas tree on or about 12/26 waiting for next year. My wife has to vacuum around me (she is less than happy that patience is my super power). :*

normally i do to, but if you're trying to get subs done before the rumored price increase, then christmas can wait.

eta: i was speaking of clearing your browsing history, not todd's reply

@blurryface said:
    Normally, I do too, but if you're trying to get subs done before the rumored price increase, then Christmas can wait.

I hear you, brother. I'm hoping that they get it fixed ASAP. Good luck with your subs! :)

thanks, bob!

btw: no vacuuming this past year. we couldn't find a real tree to save our lives down here! i'm a huge proponent of real christmas trees only. was a lil weird not breaking out the dustbuster or shoo'ing the dog from drinking the christmas tree's stand water!

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 6:42AM

when you do make it on the site it says ups and fedex have asked psa to halt all shipments temporarily.

I have a usps registered package that is still missing / going on two weeks.

This thread seems to be missing something.

In actuality this may help me forget about my subs that have been there since June. I check hoping to see if they make it out of the stage 4 pit they have fallen into way too many times. This at least breaks my cycle of anticipation, then disappointment, then anger when I notice no change in status has occurred over many months of sitting there. Wondering if the cards are more likely to be damaged while in this prolonged grading stage. Knowing that the care I took in selecting and then packaging every one of them hoping for the best does not matter now as it is all out of my hands. All I can do is wait. If I had a crystal ball I would have paid more and sent at a higher service level. I definitely would not have wasted any money on Economy service. That continues to be a frustration level for many. For a few hundred bucks more I could have had my cards back months ago that I sent at that level. Oh well if I knew the future I would change a lot more important things.

• 81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

You guys are way ahead of me, I can't even get to the CAPTCHA phase. I have several orders and time to enter them today, frustrating.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cleared my history and it cooperated long enough for me to do my submission today.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Sorry about this, I know it's frustrating and our IT department is working on a resolution. I should have an update for you all soon on progress.

T. Whitmeyer
    Front-end Developer, Collectors Universe

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to be working fine on Chrome on my iPhone now. I didn’t even have to find any boats or bikes!!! Motorcycle isn’t a bike right? Was it supposed to be pedal only? :smile:

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seemed that the last few days there; I felt as I was playing,
    "Where's Waldo"

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I see him!!!

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this problem all over the website? I've had no problems accessing the forums.

edited February 27, 2021 5:24PM

@twhitmeyer said:
    Sorry about this, I know it's frustrating and our IT department is working on a resolution. I should have an update for you all soon on progress.

Why are all outgoing package shipments shut down? What is going on with usps, fedex ect

Weather is the reason given but packages shipped before the cold are still missing.

@addicted2ebay said:

@twhitmeyer said:
    Sorry about this, I know it's frustrating and our IT department is working on a resolution. I should have an update for you all soon on progress.

Why are all outgoing package shipments shut down? What is going on with usps, fedex ect

Weather is the reason given but packages shipped before the cold are still missing.

How would the IT guy know?

@LarkinCollector said:

@addicted2ebay said:

@twhitmeyer said:

Doesn’t hurt to ask / I know guys missing 5 figure packages / all shipments shut down / it’s bizarre

edited February 27, 2021 7:12PM

@addicted2ebay said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@addicted2ebay said:

@twhitmeyer said:

Doesn’t hurt to ask / I know guys missing 5 figure packages / all shipments shut down / it’s bizarre

i can assure you it's not just packages from psa that are missing. i have a $500k shipment of crofab (snake antivenin) that was sent feb 11th priority overnight. cant even get a delivery date.

meanwhile i sent a 2 day express on wed and it was delivered today.

my long rant in the grade poppage thread was done while on hold w fedex. no answer.

never seen anything like this in my 20 years of only shipping w them.

@blurryface said:

@addicted2ebay said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@addicted2ebay said:

@twhitmeyer said:

i can assure you it's not just packages from psa that are missing. i have a $500k shipment of crofab (snake antivenin) that was sent feb 11th priority overnight. cant even get a delivery date.

meanwhile i sent a 2 day express on wed and it was delivered today.

my long rant in the grade poppage thread was done while on hold w fedex. no answer.

never seen anything like this in my 20 years of only shipping w them.

wow that’s cool

@addicted2ebay said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@addicted2ebay said:

@twhitmeyer said:

I still don't get calling the cafeteria to find out when the football field is going to be resodded, but whatever.

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    I still don't get calling the cafeteria to find out when the football field is going to be resodded, but whatever.

Well then clearly you are out of the loop on what's been going on between the groundskeeper and the lunch lady.

@nam812 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Well then clearly you are out of the loop on what's been going on between the groundskeeper and the lunch lady.

Oooo, do tell. I loves me some juicy gossip.

• 81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

Any updates on the site issues? Every time I try and turn a page I'm prompted to prove I'm human.