Home Sports Talk
Options

Cam Newton is certainly having a wild offseason

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to use this thread to track Cam Newton's offseason activities because so far, he's been everywhere. He was videotaped at a roller skating rink earlier this week, rolling around the rink and having a good time. Then he posted a picture on instagram of himself after purchasing a box of dozen doughnuts from Dunkin Doughnuts, and now he was involved in a confrontation at a high school football game in Myrtle Beach, SC when a high school player starts disrespecting Cam and yelling at Cam, telling Cam he's about to be poor because he's a free agent. Cam handled it well and responds by saying,"I'm rich" and saying to the kid, "let me talk to your dad." Here is the video.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nfl-cam-newton-trash-talk-hs-football-player-social-media-calls-out-disrespect-im-rich-200142619.html

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's possible that the kid wanted to go viral, and the only way he know to make that happen is by acting like this.

I would definitely be interested in any potential follow up conversation with the father.

• Options

Yes, and Cam is certainly having a wild offseason so far. Roller skating, doughnuts, and high school brawls. I can't wait to see what's next!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cams simple response to the lad should have been “I’m not Tom Brady” lol. Honestly he should know better than to even engage with a little guy like that, it’s the same as dealing with a woman. You have nothing to gain by fighting with them lol

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Cams simple response to the lad should have been “I’m not Tom Brady” lol. Honestly he should know better than to even engage with a little guy like that, it’s the same as dealing with a woman. You have nothing to gain by fighting with them lol

Yes, I wouldn't have wasted tome time with it. I know he's probably been heckled before, so it's pointless to confront every person who yells something at you.

• Options

Oh my goodness, Reggie Bush has added his two cents into this, he said, "To all the parents that bring their kids to fun camps, you let your son step into the box talking trash, there are no more age limits, we will handle this like men."

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Oh my goodness, Reggie Bush has added his two cents into this, he said, "To all the parents that bring their kids to fun camps, you let your son step into the box talking trash, there are no more age limits, we will handle this like men."

🙄

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

🙄

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, you show em reggie bush...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

This was a few years ago. Cam gets in a kids face for a brief second while being heckled in a similar situation. The kid is asking Cam if he called Von Miller and wished him a Happy Father's Day...

• Options

@thisistheshow, I've never seen that one before. To heck with Cam Newton, I want to know what Reggie Bush would have done! 🤔

• Options
    edited February 22, 2021 12:35PM

I'm bored. I wish Cam Newton would hurry up and get into another fight.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

Waste of time, a clown always acts like a clown, a loser always acts like a loser. Money and fame change people and make them act like fools...no exception with CN.

• Options
    edited February 22, 2021 6:41PM

The kid that heckled Cam Newton has issued an official apology.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

Scripted and ordered by his dad and coaching staff I’m sure lol.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Completey scripted, he didn't mean a single word of it! 😂😂

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Yes, and the grammar still sucked. :D

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scripted and sadly, not proof-read

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

Scripted and messy, yes. But I hold out hope that possibly someone, his father, a coach, etc did sit him down and explain a little bit about life and how you are supposed to carry yourself. Perhaps it was a learning experience that he will benefit from, or maybe others.