Home Sports Talk
Options

Wentz to the Colts

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 18, 2021 9:53AM in Sports Talk

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefler

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021 9:54AM

to Philly

2021- 3rd

2022- 2nd (could turn into a 1st)

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for starting this thread, I was close to breaking my promise and starting it. You just saved my morality. I owe you a cold one! 🍻

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Colts were smart to not give up a first

• Options

Wentz will account for a $33.8 million dead cap hit on the Eagles in 2021, the largest dead cap hit in NFL history

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Wentz will account for a $33.8 million dead cap hit on the Eagles in 2021, the largest dead cap hit in NFL history

m

WOW that tells you how bad they wanted him gone

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are sorry to notify you that this forum has reached the monthly quota for mentions of the Eagles Colts QB who shall not be named. Since this is not your first offense, you should know better.

This news makes me so glad I don't watch football any longer. From Peyton Manning to a ginger in a decade, how sad for any fans the Colts had left.

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Praise Zeus that the Washington Football Team did not trade for him. The Eagles robbed the Colts, way too much draft capital given up.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who would've guessed just four seasons ago after the Eagles won their first Super Bowl, that both the head coach and starting QB would be gone?

Almost hard to believe.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wentz and Reich go way back. This photo proves it!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek Just yesterday I posted Wentz would be the starting quarterback for the Phillys in 2021. Doh!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be interesting to see how he plays behind one of the better offensive lines in football.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

m

Drat. Wentz is still beating Goff.

• Options

@2dueces said:
    @stevek Just yesterday I posted Wentz would be the starting quarterback for the Phillys in 2021. Doh!

Ah it was always a guess one way or the other.

Tough for the Eagles to get more out of the deal with Wentz coming off such a putrid season.

But as mentioned in another thread, overall it's usually best to get rid of a disgruntled employee, and that's what Jeff Lurie has done.

If Wentz does well with the Colts, that would be fine by me...except when he plays against the Eagles. ;)

Without Wentz in that Super Bowl winning season, even though he got injured late in the season, the Eagles would have never won it without him, and it's not even debatable. So i will always appreciate his time and effort as an Eagle no matter what happens in the future.

I wish him farewell and good luck. :)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you Indy, from the bottom of my heart

i was prepared to drink myself into a boone's stupor if the Bears had traded for him

• Options
    edited February 18, 2021 6:22PM

@galaxy27 said:

i was prepared to drink myself into a boone's stupor if the Bears had traded for him

You still have the Sam Darnold bullet to dodge so keep the Boones on ice

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@galaxy27 said:

You still have to dodge the Sam Darnold bullet yet so keep the Boones on ice

m

😂😂😂

• Options
    bobbybradyjrbobbybradyjr Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021 4:23PM

Who knows, maybe with Reich as his coach and the good o-line he may be able to help the team and revive his career. I like a good comeback story.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbybradyjr said:
    Who knows, maybe with Reich as his coach and the good o-line he may be able to help the team and revive his career. I like a good comeback story.

Don’t need the AFC getting any stronger.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Wentz and Reich go way back. This photo proves it!

They may even go back(wards) even more.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the Colts will play the Bucs in the Super Bowl assuming they can get past the Browns.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only question is........when the Colts and Lions play in the next Super Bowl, who will be the game MVP? Goff or Wentz? I predict a Colts victory and Goff gets the MVP.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2021 5:34AM

Does anyone know when the Eagles made this mega salary deal with Wentz? If it was after he hurt his knee in the LA game, it was an obvious mistake. That’s like signing a pitcher with a sore arm to a long term deal.

With no money left for salaries, it looks like the Eagles are going to have to get very young and hungry, or be on the hungry line for a few years to come. As a “futile Philly” fan, I’m expecting some 0 - 16 or now 17 seasons like the Lions and Browns had.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    Does anyone know when the Eagles made this mega salary deal with Wentz? If it was after he hurt his knee in the LA game, it was an obvious mistake. That’s like signing a pitcher with a sore arm to a long term deal.

With no money left for salaries, it looks like the Eagles are going to have to get very young and hungry, or be on the hungry line for a few years to come. As a “futile Philly” fan, I’m expecting some 0 - 16 or now 17 seasons like the Lions and Browns had.

For sure, next season isn't looking too good right now. :/

• Options
    bobbybradyjrbobbybradyjr Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2021 9:34AM

@2dueces said:

@bobbybradyjr said:

Don’t need the AFC getting any stronger.

I don't think your team has much to worry about from the Colts. The Bills QB and team are awesome and fun to watch.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

June 2019. After the LA game AND a back injury that ended his 2018 season early.

• Options

Goff and Wentz have the same agent.

• Options
    edited February 19, 2021 4:59PM

@hammer1 said:
    Goff and Wentz have the same agent.

I need that guys number stat. My contract expires on March 15 for reals and I doubt they franchise me

m

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Will be interesting to see if the Eagles pulled the plug too soon. Great situation for Wentz, though.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the last lame duck pass I saw Wentz throw as an Eagle is any indicator, they didn’t pull the plug soon enough. He might snap out it, but as of now he looks like a head case with questionable physical skills.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?