Home Precious Metals

APMEX silver bars

I have a good many APMEX silver bars. Are they a reputable company?

I bought a roll of AU Peace dollars at a gun show many years ago. I paid $4.00 each. At the time I thought I had paid too much. Wish I had bought the other two rolls.

Comments

• CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭

Been a few years since I bought and sold from APMEX but never experienced any problems.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mtnman said:
    [...]
    Are they a reputable company?
    [...]

'BBB' Rating = A+ (Link)
    'Shopper Approved' Satisfaction Rating = 4.9/5.0 (Link)
    'Newsweek' Best Online Shops 2020, "Collectibles" Category, Score = 7.3/10.0 (Link)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apmex has a good reputation.... Ah those old prices for rolls of Peace dollars.... So many of us think about what we 'should have done', given today's market. ;)

• isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

The company itself is very reputable. You would need to have the bars examined to verify they are real.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mtnman said:

I bought a roll of AU Peace dollars at a gun show many years ago. I paid $4.00 each. At the time I thought I had paid too much. Wish I had bought the other two rolls.

$4.00 each for AU Peace Dollars must have been in the 1970's. I can't recall anytime in my adult life they were that cheap. I'm 56.

APMEX is a very reputable company and genuine APMEX bars are very liquid. If you post an image we might be able to tell you more.

• CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭

Found this I got from APMEX one year. They used to give to customers.Maybe they still do? Card and popcorn at Xmas :)
    (Silver Eagle mine)

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2021 7:58PM

@mtnman said:

APMEX is as good as it gets.
    You didn't say where you bought those from...
    I always tell people to verify every PM purchase preferably before you buy.

About the peace dollars...you want to double your money? :)

What decade was that?
    I remember slowing down on the buying of .999 silver at $4.44 an ounce, thinking how much higher can it go?
    That was close to the year 1999/2000, wasn't thinking about anything that wasn't .999 fine.

I missed out on a lot of cheap Morgan and Peace dollars too.

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

The few purchases that I have made from APMEX have been timely and problem free.

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

There are only 10 authorized dealers in the US who can buy directly from the US Mint.
    APMEX is one of them.

Loves me some shiny!
  • mtnmanmtnman Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I have only bought my APMEX silver bars and gold gram bars directly from them. Never had a problem. I can’t remember when I bought the Silver dollars, but I’m thinking early ‘90s. A lot of gun dealers you run into aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. My brother stole about $30,000 worth of coins from me about 20 years ago. He had no idea what they were worth. He basically gave them away.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

APMEX recently told me that they'd buy back their bars at spot + $250.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son had a good experience with them.

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    My son had a good experience with them.

:)

• Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

I've bought quite a bit of Silver from APMEX over the years. Never had a problem. Once thought they were a little high at $6.23 oz, ......LOL.......Those were the days when you could afford to pad your retirement account with metals and hoping someday it would hit $10.00 an ounce!