Home Sports Talk
Options

Will Cam Newton be back with the Patriots next season?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 15, 2021 5:29PM in Sports Talk

It might be possible, here's a little video explaining it.

Edited to add: Photo of Cam posing.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m just not seeing it. I mean the Patriots are a mess and might as well start from
    Scratch.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

My hope is that any rumor indicating that Cam may return is only circulating because Belichick is trying to make it look like there is a market for Cam. And that he is just doing that to help him. But in the end there is no possibility of him returning.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

please, please please no

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    My hope is that any rumor indicating that Cam may return is only circulating because Belichick is trying to make it look like there is a market for Cam. And that he is just doing that to help him. But in the end there is no possibility of him returning.

I don’t think Belichick cares one way or another about Newton, if he is not in his plan he is completely out of Bills thoughts, he has nothing to gain by trying to help Newton by creating a market for him.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

I don’t think Belichick cares one way or another about Newton, if he is not in his plan he is completely out of Bills thoughts, he has nothing to gain by trying to help Newton by creating a market for him.

I know NE is not a destination for Watson, but theoretically, would you pull a Herchel Walker and give up the draft for Deshawn?

• Options

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

I know NE is not a destination for Watson, but theoretically, would you pull a Herchel Walker and give up the draft for Deshawn?

Since Belichick sucks at drafting I would give them a few 1st and 2nd rounders for Watson. 100%

• Options

that was my thought as well. I will take a known commodity every time.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

Since Belichick sucks at drafting I would give them a few 1st and 2nd rounders for Watson. 100%

@craig44 said:
    that was my thought as well. I will take a known commodity every time.

But do we have enough of a team around him to win now, especially with a depleted draft pick stockpile? My answer is no. But I see your points

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

he wouldnt come here , no one will anymore its over.

Cam will be back , he is cheap . Bill is a moron , he didn't think brady was worth 25 million what is the chance he is going to give real money to some mariota type guy ?

Mariota will cost 20 million ! Cam will be less than 10 million and they will win the same number of games so why bother ?

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

all this talk about Jimmy G , no the Goat isn't worth 25 million but Jimmy G is!!!! He can't play a half season without breaking!

So , moron Bill would pay Jimmy 25 million for 6 games then the backup (Cam ) will play 10 games for 5 million :D

Bill is a moron , every major QB is going to cost at least 25 so none can come here because Bill the GM thinks he should still be able to ride the street car for a nickle

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cam Newton is reportedly returning to the New England Patriots.

According to the Boston Globe’s Jim McBride, the Patriots are re-signing the quarterback to a one-year contract to bring him back for the 2021 season. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the team is “worth close to $14 million,” a major departure from his near-minimum salary he took last season.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

According to the Boston Globe’s Jim McBride, the Patriots are re-signing the quarterback to a one-year contract to bring him back for the 2021 season. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the team is “worth close to $14 million,” a major departure from his near-minimum salary he took last season.

this is expected and also the worst news I have gotten all day. doesn't it just make sense. Newton Plays putrid football last season and gets a HUGE pay raise.

I have to say. BB may be the greatest coach/schemer of all time. but he is a terrible GM.

• Options

Big Bill doing the best job he can with ruining his image in the latter part of his career. Let’s get pumped for another 6-11 Season!!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Big Bill doing the best job he can with ruining his image in the latter part of his career. Let’s get pumped for another 6-11 Season!!

it is shaping up that we are going to be in no mans land again. I would rather go 1-15 than 8-8

I will still be wearing my gear though, just like I did in the late 80's and early 90's when things were pretty bad.

• Options
    edited March 12, 2021 8:50AM

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

it is shaping up that we are going to be in no mans land again. I would rather go 1-15 than 8-8

I will still be wearing my gear though, just like I did in the late 80's and early 90's when things were pretty bad.

I wouldn’t want a 1-15 season because it wouldn’t get us anywhere, we all know Bill hates early 1st round picks and would trade it for the last pick in the first round and an extra 4th rounder to use it on a guy from a 2A school who would have gone Undrafted anyways. But yes I’m with you as far as sporting my Patriots garb 100%, it’s year round for me.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

Greatness.

• Options

gross

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

The football gods clearly have a sense of humor. Now hopefully BB can go find some WRs that can beat a DB downfield seeing that Cam can’t hit a wide open wideout within 10 yards.

• Options

After much thought , I am going to just hope for the best.

Go PATS!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Bills fan I’m elated to see Cam back in New England. Now on a more serious note as a Bills fan I’m elated to see Cam back with New England!!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

It sort of looks the last years of Tom Landry. Didn't the Cowboys lose almost every game the last year he coached them?

Coaches can't coast their on their reputations. If they don't keep up, their team ends up in the rubbish heap, especially in football.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

It sort of looks the last years of Tom Landry. Didn't the Cowboys lose almost every game the last year he coached them?

Coaches can't coast their on their reputations. If they don't keep up, their team ends up in the rubbish heap, especially in football.

Like I’ve said before Bill thinks his god complex is enough for this rag tag team
    To win games, in his sick mind he thinks Covid was the reason they sucked last year.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

Like I’ve said before Bill thinks his god complex is enough for this rag tag team
    To win games, in his sick mind he thinks Covid was the reason they sucked last year.

can you imagine the giant chip on BB shoulders this coming season after Tommy won last year without him?

• Options

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

can you imagine the giant chip on BB shoulders this coming season after Tommy won last year without him?

Yea I’m sure he is pissed off but guess what? When Brady goes deep into the playoffs this upcoming season and Big Bill finds himself mired in a miserable 6-10 season watching the Bills take the division again he is going to be more angry. And here is another thing, I’m going to laugh 😂😂😂

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    As a Bills fan I’m elated to see Cam back in New England. Now on a more serious note as a Bills fan I’m elated to see Cam back with New England!!

I think you may be missing the point. What should delight Bills Fans is that Cam is back in New England.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph