Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Some stocks and nationals

Here are some new early stock certificates I picked up recently, paired with some nationals I have from the same banks.

American Bank, Providence, RI

Niantic Bank, Westerly, RI

Anyone else have some new pick ups they've paired?

My website: RICurrency.com

Comments

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my!! Gorgeous pairings!! <3

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

The back of this Tampa National has the Florida State of Arms vignette on the left side on the back of the note. The engraving is mine, the note is not mine.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2021 6:31AM

Cinch doesn't post unless it's something really interesting and impressive. Beautiful collateral items, both Specimen certificates and probably quite rare.

Steve- A comment and a question. Comment: First usage of "In God We Trust" on our currency occurred on nationals in some state seals during the 1800s not on $1 Silver Certificates in the 1950s, as commonly believed. Question: What is the Native American planting? Tobacco? Corn?

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2021 7:40AM

Good guesses, but she’s planting flowers. The seal has changed slightly over the years, with the same basic layout and objects. These photos show oldest to newest. You’ll notice the mountains are gone.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet 😎