Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Looks like PCGS grading time is back to normal or even faster now

I submitted two orders recently. One received on 1/29 (13 coins) now moved to grading. Another one is received on 1/30 (10 coins) but moved very fast. It is shipped to me on 2/2. I can't believe that fast.

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope so. My express order is on BD 12.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

My show grading special took 2 days

• Options
    atomatom Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭

I've recalibrated and been contemplating using ATS now for two reasons: 1) turnaround time doesn't appear to have been impacted as much and 2) I'm reading more press releases of noteworthy material being being graded there. Is this a new phenomenon? In any case, I'm happy for your report, and hope your experience is indicative of general improvement!

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

Is your photo showed up on PCGS site yet? Mine is not showing up.

• Options

@jt88 said:

@Boosibri said:

Nope, been almost 2 weeks

• Options

@Boosibri said:

@jt88 said:

@Boosibri said:

Nope, been almost 2 weeks

really? Have you try to call pcgs?

• Options

I figure that they will post it sometime soon. If not next week I’ll email

• Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had two arrive on 1/13 one cross one regular grading. One's been stuck at encapsulation for 2 weeks the other stuck at quality check for same time. I'm hopeful the fact that the second is in quality check (and yesterday "being imaged" showed up) means it crossed I assume it does but until I see a grade pop won't be for certain.

• Options

@Boosibri said:

I just placed a call but there are 65 caller ahead of me. If I get to talk to PCGS I will let you know what they have to say.

• Options

@PhilLynott said:
    I had two arrive on 1/13 one cross one regular grading. One's been stuck at encapsulation for 2 weeks the other stuck at quality check for same time. I'm hopeful the fact that the second is in quality check (and yesterday "being imaged" showed up) means it crossed I assume it does but until I see a grade pop won't be for certain.

When you see being imaged you know at least one is crossed. I submitted 10 only 4 cross and the rest DNC.

• Options
    edited February 12, 2021 10:48AM

Their photo processing is backed up. Last I heard was by about a week. Not the photography itself, but the post-processing activities like selection of the right image and formatting it into the templates, etc...

• Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jt88 said:

@PhilLynott said:

When you see being imaged you know at least one is crossed. I submitted 10 only 4 cross and the rest DNC.

It's just one coin so that's good news! I figured at that stage with "being imaged" appearing I was good. Still not fist pumping yet tho!

It's a 18th century MS67 blazing white kreuzer so really wanna see that trueview (and decent change it will cross with an added PL at the end).

• Options

@jt88 said:

@Boosibri said:

I just placed a call but there are 65 caller ahead of me. If I get to talk to PCGS I will let you know what they have to say.

I talked to the PCGS. The customer Rep. did not know why. He said he will send out email to the person or group.

• Options

My photo is there now.

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭

Day 13 in QA, all hope of grades fading, eyes going , F5 key worn, send grades.

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options

@Clio said:

Is it still within the turnaround estimation?

I'm at 16th Business Day on my current Express sub. 6th day in Encapsulation. Estimated turn-around is still 20 BD on Express, so i'll wait another week before pinging them.

• Options
    OboneObone Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

I have three submissions, the walkthrough seems to be going quite fast. I listed a 1856 5 Lira as a 1 Lira, and I think they need time to correct, so I'll probably be in for the long haul there.

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:

@Clio said:

Is it still within the turnaround estimation?

I'm at 16th Business Day on my current Express sub. 6th day in Encapsulation. Estimated turn-around is still 20 BD on Express, so i'll wait another week before pinging them.

30 Business days in World Econ. 13th Business day in QA.

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options

Walk throughs are the way to go! Scanned in 2/3, shipped 2/4.

• Options

My walkthrough submission looks like it is getting some weekend work. Moved from Received to Grading Saturday night

• Options

Walkthrough is very expensive.

• Options

@jt88 said:
    Walkthrough is very expensive.

Expensive coins