Home Precious Metals
Options

JM Bullion to be acquired by A-Mark Precious Metals

KliaoKliao Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Young Numismatist/collector
75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
instagram.com/klnumismatics

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2021 4:28PM

WOW! Thanks for the read.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2021 5:20PM

A Mark is one of only a dozen Authorized Purchasers of US Mint bullion. Only natural for them to increase their retail footprint. One would think that another direct buyer of US Mint bullion, APMEX, would provide better retail prices. Hopefully A Mark can drive APMEX's prices down.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2021 5:12PM

that's a lot of footprint. good to see that apmex will have competition among APs doing retail.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2021 4:02AM

@MsMorrisine said:
    that's a lot of footprint. good to see that apmex will have competition among APs doing retail.

Perhaps good for the consumer? Funny I thought A-Mark was dead. Figured it would of been one of the acquired instead of being the acquiree. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a lot of absorption/consolidation in one fell swoop. Remains to be seen IMO about what that does to competitive prices.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

like other retailers, top dollar will be sought. APMEX buys directly from the mint and look at their retail prices. Maybe now competition on equal footing will bring prices down.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never understood how A-Mark could stay in business with the pricing and onerous terms that I remember every time I checked with them for a potential purchase. No thanks.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if they will continue the JM marking,.... If not, that will drive up JM bar prices as the new markings take over. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    WOW! Thanks for the read.

:blush:

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

AMark can stay in business because they are an AP and do high dollar, high volume business primarily.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions